Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse light switch / wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I'm looking for a pic of the reverse light switch and the wires that connect to it. And to where it goes on the relay board. Anyone have one?

After my engine transfer I can't seem to remember where they hook up. I don't have any hanging wires or anything. Maybe it was on my old harness? I'm hoping I can just use some regular electrical wire and rig it up to work.

Any help ? Thanks
ws91420
IIRC it comes down with the wires to the starter. Just has two little bullet connectors that plug in.
GeorgeRud
Don't have a picture, but the switch is on the driver's side just below and behind the CV joint drive axle. The wires go up to the back relay board connector, and should be in the same wiring harness that goes to the starter. Both are brown if I remember right and can be connected either way, they simply complete a connection to turn on the reverse lights.
Hammy
Can I just use some spare bullet connectors off my spare harness and mock the wires up to work?
GeorgeRud
Shouldn't be a problem, but look carefully in the area of the starter that you don't have the wires to that location at least. Otherwise, you could simply run the two wires from the switch up past the starter, through the engine sheetmetal, along the harness to the back relay panel connector. You should be able to find which location the wires go to by looking for the two brown wires (the connector top snaps off if you're carefull). Hopefully, if you have nothing else, you at least have the wires connected at the connector, it is a pain to try to solder the individual small connectors at that end.
watsonrx13
Here's a pic and a link to my website ... hope this helps...

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.