Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my Spread!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I just got all my engine internals back from the performance coaters. Now if I could just remember how to put this thing back together!

The Piston Top, Combustion Chambers, Valve Faces, and Exhaust Stub Tubes were coated in a Thermal Barrier. The Piston Skirts were coated in an anti-friction coating, and the Valve Springs were coated with a dry-film that absorbes oil.
Britain Smith
Pauter 1.48:1 Billet Roller Rockers...
Britain Smith
Dual Springs with 360lb seat pressure and over 0.6" lift, Titanium retainers, and Hardened Valve Keepers.
Joe Bob
Gonna use a Pinto Weber progressive two barrel??? laugh.gif

Looks nice, good luck.
Britain Smith
What...does no know what to see my spread...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Nov 17 2003, 08:03 PM)
does no know what to see my spread...

say what? confused24.gif
Slowpoke
360 lbs seat pressure??? blink.gif I'm not a type four engine guy, but that seems high! Could you mean open pressure @ max lift?? Or are you using a roller cam? Just curious. My new champion aluminum heads for my V6 Buick (project) only have a 100 lbs seat pressure for a .500 lift cam. Good luck with your engine
Peter
Britain Smith
Yep...you caught me...I mean't open pressure. I am using ceramic lifters and roller rockers.

-Britain
Kevin@ojai.net
What type of coating on the skirts?
Brad Roberts
Basically Kevin.. its a teflon coating or anti friction. In case the pistons expand too much we want some "cushion". With the thermal barriers in place.. we shouldnt have a issue with the skirts rubbing the cylinders, but just in case.. we have the anti friction coating.

B
Tom Perso
Those are some nice looking parts!!!!

I'm curious to hear how it works... But, the bigger question being... How much did it cost???

Later,
Tom
Joe Ricard
Yea Nylocks thats what I should have used.
How much of a cam are you going to run with the ratio rockers? I could sell a kidney or something. I want it I want it I want it. Don't know why I just want it.

Not sure why I never considered Nylocks on the rocker studs. I guess I can quit for the day I learned something new. pray.gif
Jake Raby
Watch those rockers!

360 open is still pretty high, I run 265 and rev to 7K, with almost every combo we run, and stay controlled just fine.

Everyone is different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.