Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulling dents out of bumpers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RSWannabe
I'm gonna rechrome my bumpers and want to pull a small dent out of each of them before I do. Any recommendations on how to do this?

Brooke
John
STOP!!!!!

Take it to the bumper shop/chrome shop. They are able to straighten the bumper WAY better than an amature. (no offense, but they chrome things for a living and the ugliest chrome is chrome on a wrinkly part).

I strongly suggest that you leave any straightening of items to be chromed to the experts. It won't be cheap, but it will be more than worth it in the end.

just my $0.02
project-914
...polish that one spot...get a leather pad of some sort...and tac it with a flat hammer from the back...and then check the reflection for perfection...

I've never done it...ever...but it makes sense right?...just a thought, but I'm just a 17 year old LOL

and reflection rhymes with perfection
highways
Hammer and drift... special tools required. Drifts come in different shapes and sizes- essentially they are like a hand held anvil that you hold on the concave side of the dent. Then on the opposite side of the body you use a special set of autobody hammers (with different shaped heads) and hit just barely to the edge of the drift to bring the metal to level. It's fun! Although- I haven't done chrome bumper repair (yet...), but body work is body work. Sharp did an awsome job of reworking a crushed front turn signal. Sheetmetal is very workable and mistakes can be undone. beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I 'm with John, don't take the chance of F--cking up a good bumper. my 2 cents Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.