Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine rubber seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
I need a new rubber seal for the engine compartment to go on the tin. PP does not have one and has no suggestions.

Bernie
Qarl
Are you talking about the seals on all four sides of the engine bay that seal up against the engine tin?

Seek out jbfrenz on e-bay. He has sets of all 4 for about $100.
bernbomb914
yes those are the ones. doing a new 2.0 L motor and I need all the seals

Bernie
Qarl
Voila! I was right!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443033757
nyum96
www.pap-auto.com

Left and right are 7.68 each. The rear is 28.02. The rubber is just like the original.

http://www.pap-parts.com/store/prodinfo.as...item=2&mitem=21

http://www.pap-parts.com/store/prodinfo.as...item=3&mitem=21

Barry
RustyWa
Alright...those prices are to good to be true! How is the quality? They are not that foam crap are they?

idea.gif Hmmm...Might have to update my Xmas list!
SirAndy
QUOTE(RustyWa @ Nov 17 2003, 07:54 PM)
Alright...those prices are to good to be true! How is the quality? They are not that foam crap are they?

idea.gif Hmmm...Might have to update my Xmas list!

yepp, if that is the real deal, i'll be ordering a set too.
soooo, who's first? we need a guinea-pig, aehm, volunteer, i mean ... rolleyes.gif

Andy
bernbomb914
I orderded the left and rear seal they do not have right side?
I bought two left sides

Bernie
nyum96
They are real. I was happy to see that the one I ordered (left side) was real rubber and still had the power on it. for 7.68, why not? Y'all have instired me to order the rest. I'll let y'all know. For $50 you can have the whole set!

Barry
SirAndy
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Nov 17 2003, 08:22 PM)
I orderded the left and rear seal they do not have right side?
I bought two left sides

let us know how it worked out. the original ones come pre-bent, sooo, you can't really exchange them. well, you might when they're new and not hard and brittel.

anywho, post pics ... wavey.gif
Andy
nyum96
WHen you say pre-bent, do you mean this... The picture sucks but you can see the idea. It has a hard rubber for the channel and bends around to clip on the tin at the bottom. I'm going to inquire tomorrow about the right. The company split into 2 seperate areas, used and new parts. I'm sure they have the right. The left will not work as the right since there is an angle that joins the left and right to the front tin seal. I would call them tomorrow and get the right. Anywhich way, $7.68, spare!

IPB Image
IPB Image

BB
SirAndy
QUOTE(nyum96 @ Nov 17 2003, 08:32 PM)
WHen you say pre-bent, do you mean this...

nope, the factory ones are bent to fit the shape of the sheetmetal.
see green lines in attached pic ...

the original ones are too hard to bend to fit the other side,
so you usually can't exchange them.

Andy
nyum96
Then no, its a solid piece with no bends..

BB
bernbomb914
if i cant use it im only out $8.00 and I can use it next time

Bernie
RustyWa
That end view photo, showing the section that slides into the channel, looks a little different than what I remember what my existing ones looked like....BUT...... it looks close enough and the price is right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.