Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flare Group buy shipping confirmation list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rfuerst911sc
I ordered mine on Monday afternoon around 2:00 eastern time and as of Friday I still didn't have a tracking number. I was told I'm number 31 on the list. I'm not in a hurry so I'm standing by.
jfort
I never received a confirmation number or shipping information, but they arrived last Thursday. THANKS!
burton73
When I got home from Asia on Friday they where here. Just one point, I was looking at an old Web ad from Auto Atlanta that says” Rest assured our prefect repros will be labeled precisely so you will be guaranteed a matched set! Thus we have determined our project shall be known as, "The Flare Which Project." My set is not marked as what is what but there is definitely 4 different parts there, I just do not want to be the fool and put the wrong side on. Please tell me that it is obvious what is the right side and what is the left when you fit it to the car. Thanks for the deal on the parts.

Bob Burton

roadster fan

It is easy to determine which goes where.

I couldn't stand it just looking at em sit there, so yesterday i clamped em on to the passenger side..... wub.gif

It was very clear if you had the wrong piece in place. I know........

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

so here you go.

Click to view attachment
nomore9one4
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jan 21 2007, 12:35 PM) *

It is easy to determine which goes where.

I couldn't stand it just looking at em sit there, so yesterday i clamped em on to the passenger side..... wub.gif

It was very clear if you had the wrong piece in place. I know........

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

so here you go.

Click to view attachment

Looking better already! smile.gif
dgw
QUOTE(jfort @ Jan 21 2007, 12:20 PM) *

I never received a confirmation number or shipping information, but they arrived last Thursday. THANKS!

Its good to hear they are arriving without a confirmation number, maybe mine are on the way. mueba.gif
scotty b
I mustsay I was pleasantly surprised with the fit !! I have gotten SOOOO used to aftermarket panels for aNY cars fitting like poo, I expected the same from these.....WRONGO BUCKO, sure they will need some werk but it will be minimal, as for the roughness at the bends TOTALLY expected, little hammer and dolly werk will do wonders there drunk.gif
jlb914
Received mine this past Friday. Thanks Greg, George, and Mia!

Jeff
eric914
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 17 2007, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(eric914 @ Jan 17 2007, 07:55 AM) *

How do you know what number you are on the list?

You don't. People who paid on Monday get their sets from the manufacturer. Those who paid on Tuesday had their sets shipped from AA. Those that paid Wednesday and later get their sets from the manufacturer. The first 33 who paid will get their sets shipped quickly, the remaining eight will be waiting up to 10 weeks as sets are manufactured.

Eric, your flairs are being shipped from the manufacturer. The sets are pressed, but final trimming is required before shipping. They seem to be getting about four sets prepared and shipped a day. Given their current rate of work, yours should ship tomorrow or Friday.

I got my invoice today dry.gif Hope the flairs were shipped out last Thursday / Friday and they are just slow in arriving.
rfuerst911sc
I didn't receive a tracking number but the flares showed up yesterday.
pffft
It would appear mine have not had the smoothest trip so far.
They're supposed to be here today but somehow I doubt it smile.gif

Package Progress
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 01/25/2007.

uh huh

Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 01/25/2007

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
SAN PABLO,
CA, US 01/24/2007 11:49 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
01/24/2007 9:31 A.M. THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO A TRAIN DERAILMENT
01/24/2007 9:31 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY
SAN PABLO,
CA, US 01/23/2007 8:58 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY

Man, if the bay area blizzard wasn't enough, now a train wreck!
What next?

patrick av-943.gif
Richard Casto
Mine showed up yesterday. biggrin.gif
tomkirkcis
As of today, I have confirmed the credit card debit, but have not recieved any confirmation of the order or tracking info. I am not in a hurry to install the flairs, so this isn't delaying my project. I now they will show up at some point. How many others have not heard anything?
Zimms
I didn't hear anything right away or get a confirmation of order, but had my credit card billed right away. I received them last week and everything looks good. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.
bernbomb914
I got mine

Bernie
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Zimms @ Jan 27 2007, 08:38 AM) *

I didn't hear anything right away or get a confirmation of order, but had my credit card billed right away. I received them last week and everything looks good. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

some are WAY low on the list!!!! Tim is shipping them steadily as they are trimmed and packaged. As I said we had the sets on the floor already stamped and ready for trimming and packaging and sending and that is what he is doing. If anyone lower on the list is really antsy, we have a couple of mixed sets of factory and repro flares, here, we could send for the same price as to us, now, the factory flares are not worth too much!!!!!!!! Please just let us know.
dgw
Mine are in Sunnyvale so they should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Now I have to start figuring out how they are going to get on the car for a reasonable price -- and find some rockers.
gregrobbins
Here is a list of those shipped as of morning 1/29. One person changed their mind after the flares were shipped and when they are returned, they will be given to the next on the list. That means 33 sets have shipped and the final four will ship once they are manufactured.

Flares have been shipped to the following people:

S. Burnett

G. Henry

B. Laurila

B. Meinhardt

T. Kabir

R. Sime

J. Knowlton

S. Lee

G. Rudawsky

R. Burton

R. Szymanski

J. Hines

M. Zimmerman

J. Burns

G. Robbins

J. Spetka

B. Thomas

S. Hill (2)

J. Fort

J. O’Brien

T. Warren

A. Boulay

D. Winter

A. Boyle

A. Hargraves

P. Trumbull

R. Fuerstenberg

R. Roche

K. Foust

L. Lujan

B. Simon

R. Casto
eric914
I guess AA still is doing business as usual. Take the money and make up a story "it will ship next week". From Mia I got "The order for the flares was processed. Order number is 184627. They will be shipped out next week and I will e-mail you the tracking number at that time." This was on the 11th.

From Greg I get "Eric, your flairs are being shipped from the manufacturer. The sets are pressed, but final trimming is required before shipping. They seem to be getting about four sets prepared and shipped a day. Given their current rate of work, yours should ship tomorrow or Friday." This was on the 17th.

Now it is the 29th and I'm not on the list of shipped sets. WTF.gif I would imagin my place in line has been known from the start. Why not just tell the truth as to when they will ship.

Waiting the 8-10 weeks (the last I heard for sets not in stock) is not really a problem if that was what I had been told from the start. It also sucks that AA charged my card the day I placed the order and now I get to be AA's bank for the next 8-10 weeks.

How is it that Pelican, Tweeks, and others can get things reasonable right and AA can not. Running a business is not that hard. Provide a good product and treat your customers with repect and honesty and they will continue to be loyal even when things go wrong. I know, I manage a $10M account for my company. Things are not always perfect but by being honest with them and keeping them informed they stay loyal customers.

Within 1 day of placing an order with Tweeks I get an email stating "Your credit card will be charged only for items shipping at this time, as well as all applicable shipping and handling- no further shipping and handling is incurred."

Is AA so cash strapped they need me to front then $ to operate?

I'm done venting. mad.gif

Even with the customer service issues I do appreciate Greg’s managing this group buy and for the Dr's offer and generosity to make it happen.

An email from an AA representative confirming the backorder status of my order and an anticipated ship date would be nice though. Most of the info on this order has come from this group.

eric914
I just got off the phone with George and we had a good conversation. I would like to apologize for venting in the manner I did. My frustration of not being on the shipped list got the better of me, and for that I am sorry.

Apparently I was 13 on the list but due to a mix up did not get one of the 33 sets in stock. To make things right George has generously offered to either give me a credit today and call when the next reproduction sets are in or send me 3 factory flares and one reproduction today. I have chosen to take the mixed set.

Thanks again George for resolving this in a timely fashion.
gregrobbins
Lets see, factory flares are going for about $2500 a set when they can be found. You got three and a remanufactured fourth for only $650. Pays to pick up the phone and call when you have questions/concerns.
dgw
Mine just arrived. 3 or 4 pieces of loose paper in the bottom of the box, but the box was whole and the contents look good.

Thanks all.
jim912928
I did call on the last day...name is not on the list and I haven't heard from Mia...I don't think there were 34 in front of me?
gregrobbins
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:19 PM) *

I did call on the last day...name is not on the list and I haven't heard from Mia...I don't think there were 34 in front of me?

If you called on the last day, that means there were 41 ahead of you. Call AA to see where you stand. If you don't want to wait to have your flares manufactured, they will refund your money. But if your serious about steel flares at a great price, it will be worth the wait.
eric914
Got my package Yesterday. Thanks to all:)

Festive_Zombie
I got my flairs today, in great shape.... Really happy with the service, thanks George.

Alex
shadygrady
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2007, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Jan 17 2007, 09:01 PM) *

After reading today's posts, I'm not a 100% happy camper. I was one of the original 30, paid on 1/9 and told I could pick up on 1/10. I tried to pick up on 1/10 but AA didn't have but 3. was told more to come in next week(now this week). called today and they still only had 3. I was told more coming in this week. Now I read that some were shipped out today. Was that from the manufacturer and on way to AA? If so, okay as mine should be here in a week. I wonder what number I am on the list? Am I going to be part of those that have to wait for 10 weeks? With my luck, I will wind up with 2 right rears.

Please remember that although you have been charged for your flares when your installer came to the counter to get a set we did have three of the four to give him so he could get started, and assured you that Tim was shipping the extra left front ones we needed to complete extra sets we had here, PLUS agreed to deliver the flares to you at no charge!!!!!
He was not in a hurry so did not take possession of the three. They are still here, the left ones we needed having been shipped to arrive at any time.
Bottom line if you wanted flares they were here for you, and we will have the other one at any moment and will still deliver at no charge. WE WANT TO GO OUT OF OUR WAY FOR EVERYONE! TRY US!

I have to publicly apologize to George for the above post. I picked up my beautiful flares today. They were all there. Thanks, George and Greg. I just hope my car turns out like yours.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
GOOD NEWS!

Waide Stockhill canceled his flare set after Tim had already shipped it to him, so after we paid to get them back we have another set available!!!!! We will ship it immediately to the next person on the list!!!!!
Tim has just finished the sail panels and the floor pan cross members as well as the emergency brake handle stands, while all the time setting up for the next flare stamping.
dinomium
so, what does the list look like now?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
get ready! Flares are on the way again!
Tim may have been a little overzealous on this one! Mia has detected that he shipped a canceled and a double!!!!!! We will correct though. 75 sets available
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 6 2007, 03:37 PM) *

Tim may have been a little overzealous on this one! Mia has detected that he shipped a canceled and a double!!!!!! We will correct though. 75 sets available

So this means I can come pick them up Saturday.

Bob in Athens not Grady piratenanner.gif
dflesburg
Does this mean I can get a set at the group price?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 6 2007, 01:48 PM) *

yes yes yes!!!! sets have been shipped to us! mia should call you when they are here but please call before you come so we know that they are here for you Bob!!!! What a mixup! I will buy you a beer!
woobn8r
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 6 2007, 04:57 PM) *

Ditto!
Enquiring bank accounts want to know....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Mar 7 2007, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 6 2007, 04:57 PM) *

Ditto!
Enquiring bank accounts want to know....

The group buy is done for now. But Dave at GPR has some discounted sets for club members.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 6 2007, 01:48 PM) *

I have now personally TOUCHED your set. They are here for you! Grady.....I mean BOB!!!!!!!
shadygrady
You mean you have another set for me? woo hoo. I could use another set.

Grady not Bob biggrin.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Mar 8 2007, 07:02 PM) *

You mean you have another set for me? woo hoo. I could use another set.

Grady not Bob biggrin.gif

Looks like all you need to get a set is a head of gray hair.

Bob trying to be like Grady
Luke
Thanks Greg AND George !...

Just got my flares in .. look great...
Well worth the wait ...

-Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.