914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
G e o r g e
there seems to be a Question on the number of flares on hand at AA for shipping

please respond if you have a confirmation on shipping

Me yes they are do here on the 13th

EDIT: my confirmation came via email
scotty b
I was NOT given a confirmation number as others apparently were but I THINK I recall Mia saying they would go out yesterday (Tuesday) My bank account IS missing 700.00 though so I guess I'll get them sometime clap56.gif
nomore9one4
Mine are scheduled to be here tomorrow(thursday) according to Fedex tracking. driving.gif
Porschetoyz
I was given a confirmation number when I placed the order on monday. How do I get a shipping tracking number? I will check to see if my credit card has been debited yet.
GeorgeRud
Mia did not give me a confirmation number when I called on Monday AM. I just watch and enjoy when the delivery people give me new toys!

George Rudawsky
nomore9one4
I recieved my delivery comfirmation # by email. a few hours after I ordered. smile.gif
dgw
Interesting.

I didn't get a confirmation number and was told mine would ship next week.
BKLA
confirmation via email

Delivery on Jan. 16th

Currently in Memphis per fedex - HunkaHunka burnin' love biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I got a confirmation... Mine shipped Monday.
roadster fan
I talked with Mia on Tuesday in am, did not get confirmation #, but she said would ship tuesday afternoon or wednesday......hmmmmm.

will check if credit card was billed..............

no email confirmation yet, Mia said one would be sent with tracking info...........

should I be start being skeptical/nervous!?
RON S.

I didn't get a confirmation#,however, my cc shows they have charged me $700.00

So i know they gotta be coming. beerchug.gif

Ron
eric914
Ordered Monday. No confirmation number at time of order. $700 charged to credit card on Monday. Would assume mine are on the way. Would be nice to get the confirmation email Mia promised. She did have time to run my card after all.
rfuerst911sc
Just as a data point I placed my order Monday afternoon around 2:00 eastern time. I was given a confirmation number and at the time I was told my order would probably ship on Wednesday. I called this morning because I wanted the tracking number and was told my order was boxed and shipping today via Fed Ex. I asked did that mean my order was in stock in Atlanta and was told that 17 sets were in stock in Atlanta and the rest were coming from some where else. I hope by the end of today I can go to their website and punch in my confirmation number and it will show the tracking number.
nomore9one4
My flares are scheduled to arrive today. I tracked them and they are currently about 4 miles from my house at the Fedex hub. So close I can taste them chowtime.gif
jlb914
I called Mia on Monday at about 12:45 pm eastern time and paid for my flares (credit card). I called her back yesterday at about noon; she said they would ship next week from Michigan. I don't have a confirmation number. Mia said she would e-mail me the tracking number when she gets it.

Jeff Burns
eric914
I got an email from Mia that said "The order for the flares was processed. Order number is 184XXX. They will be shipped out next week and I will e-mail you the tracking number at that time."

A seperate post says 33 sets were in stock and 41 sets were ordered. The 8 remaining sets will be 10 weeks. So do they have my set or do I wait for 10 weeks?

I just ordered some parts from Mid America Motorworks and had an email within 30min. One part was backordered but there policy is "Your credit card will be charged only for items shipping at this time". I don't have a problem waiting a week after $700 has been put on my card but I do have a problem paying for something that will not exist for 10 weeks and being AA’s bank for that period of time.
rfuerst911sc
Well I put my confirmation number in the AA website "track my order" box and no tracking number yet? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
jfort
yikes. i don't have a confirmation number. mia told me they would ship the next day
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jan 11 2007, 05:06 PM) *

Well I put my confirmation number in the AA website "track my order" box and no tracking number yet? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We shipped from here (all sent) and tim is shipping directly from the plant via ups. he is faxing orders and tracking numbers and each of you will be given the tracking number personally as it will not show up in the tracking box fed ex provides us. We are shipping!!!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jan 11 2007, 10:24 AM) *

I got an email from Mia that said "The order for the flares was processed. Order number is 184XXX. They will be shipped out next week and I will e-mail you the tracking number at that time."

A seperate post says 33 sets were in stock and 41 sets were ordered. The 8 remaining sets will be 10 weeks. So do they have my set or do I wait for 10 weeks?

I just ordered some parts from Mid America Motorworks and had an email within 30min. One part was backordered but there policy is "Your credit card will be charged only for items shipping at this time". I don't have a problem waiting a week after $700 has been put on my card but I do have a problem paying for something that will not exist for 10 weeks and being AA’s bank for that period of time.

please remember that we had as 30 set deal, those flares stamped and ready to trim and ship. Those people will get their flares as soon as they are shipped. We have more sets but maybe not another 11. Anyone on the 11 set waiting list may get their flares very soon or be those in the next batch we are stamping along with the sets for our wholesalers. If ANYONE in the waiting group would like to cancel PLEASE call and we will issue an instant credit. Please remember that this is a package deal at a wholesale price and hence the charge commitment. ABSOLUTELY no problem to cancel.
We will have an exact count by this tuesday and I will report. The remaining can then cancel if they would like, and Dave at GPR has several sets at the near regular price that we can ship first thing monday if waiting is a problem.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
update: tracking numbers ups
robert burton: 1z4285920347927614
george rudawsky 1z4285920346234409

that is fresh off the fax There will be more but I am leaving now!!!!!!!!!!!
scotty b
THANKS GREG AND GEORGE !!!!! clap56.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif drooley.gif welder.gif
Richard Casto
I ended up not being able to get ahold of Mia (Tuesday), but Jason? took my order. We didn't discuss exactly what day it was going to ship out.

George if you happen to have my tracking number handy, can you post it here or PM me?

Thanks,

Richard
Series9
I was among the first to pay, but didn't get the shipping info via email.

It's OK, people frequently mess up my email address.
dinomium
sad for me, I am #38 so I be in the waiting line... that is ok, kuz I am so NOT ready for this project!!

what I really need is a windshield to cowl gasket!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 12 2007, 06:47 PM) *

I ended up not being able to get ahold of Mia (Tuesday), but Jason? took my order. We didn't discuss exactly what day it was going to ship out.

George if you happen to have my tracking number handy, can you post it here or PM me?

Thanks,

Richard

Tim shipped some more sets today Richard. He had them all on the floor for us and is trimming packing and shipping. He is supervising the trimming himself so they look as great as the ones in the pictures!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Jan 10 2007, 11:48 PM) *

I got a confirmation... Mine shipped Monday.

...and arrived yesterday...
jlb914
I received an e-mail from Mia today (late afternoon) with my tracking number, showing that they shipped today.

Jeff
sixnotfour
tracking number recieved today.
eric914
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jan 16 2007, 03:10 PM) *

sad for me, I am #38 so I be in the waiting line... that is ok, kuz I am so NOT ready for this project!!

what I really need is a windshield to cowl gasket!!

How do you know what number you are on the list? I have yet to receive any confirmation as to when mine will ship.

The best I got from Mia was that they will ship next week.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jan 17 2007, 07:55 AM) *

How do you know what number you are on the list?

You don't. People who paid on Monday get their sets from the manufacturer. Those who paid on Tuesday had their sets shipped from AA. Those that paid Wednesday and later get their sets from the manufacturer. The first 33 who paid will get their sets shipped quickly, the remaining eight will be waiting up to 10 weeks as sets are manufactured.

Eric, your flairs are being shipped from the manufacturer. The sets are pressed, but final trimming is required before shipping. They seem to be getting about four sets prepared and shipped a day. Given their current rate of work, yours should ship tomorrow or Friday.
eric914
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 17 2007, 07:26 AM) *

You don't. People who paid on Monday get their sets from the manufacturer. Those who paid on Tuesday had their sets shipped from AA. Those that paid Wednesday and later get their sets from the manufacturer. The first 33 who paid will get their sets shipped quickly, the remaining eight will be waiting up to 10 weeks as sets are manufactured.

Eric, your flairs are being shipped from the manufacturer. The sets are pressed, but final trimming is required before shipping. They seem to be getting about four sets prepared and shipped a day. Given their current rate of work, yours should ship tomorrow or Friday.

thanks for the update smile.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 17 2007, 10:26 AM) *

No sour grapes here, but I am about 90% happy vs. 100% happy. I think that when AA started to take orders, it was first come first serve instead of allowing those who committed early (the first 30) to get the “in stock” stuff. I called in and ordered before the agreed upon 1/9 deadline, but ended up #36 on the list (based upon info from George). Effectively the “waitlist” even though I committed very early to the group buy. I assume that those who should have been on the waiting list got bumped up only because they happened to call earlier than others. So I did as directed, but now have to wait as long as 10 weeks as well as have the charge on my card. Still I am getting a good deal and I would prefer to wait vs. cancel.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 16 2007, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 12 2007, 06:47 PM) *

Thanks,

Richard

Tim shipped some more sets today Richard. He had them all on the floor for us and is trimming packing and shipping. He is supervising the trimming himself so they look as great as the ones in the pictures!

George,

Thanks for the info and the PM. Looking forward to getting them and thanks the group buy deal! If you can, PM me or post here when they ship.

Richard
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 17 2007, 04:39 PM) *

No sour grapes here, but I am about 90% happy vs. 100% happy. I think that when AA started to take orders, it was first come first serve ... blah, blah, blah.

I just reread my post and I also just talked to George on the phone (believe he wanted me to be a happy customer). I think I came across overly critical and I didn't intend it to be that way. It was intended to just be constructive feedback vs. a complaint. So I am still a happy camper and Kudos to Greg and AA on this group buy.
gregrobbins
Good thing George offered to extend the number of sets sold beyond 30!
pffft
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 17 2007, 06:06 PM) *

Good thing George offered to extend the number of sets sold beyond 30!

I can understand Richards good/not perfect feelings. I commited pretty
early and ordered monday, but was not able to speak to Mia. I'm not sure if
I have been wait listed or not. Got a nice note from George H but am still unclear
where I am.
BUT, the reality is that I probably will get some flares at what feels like a really
really good price, and if they showed up last Tuesday they would not get used
any sooner than if they ship next Tuesday.
It is so easy to have gotten spoiled by the almost instant gratification of modern
e commerce!

Thanks for saving and bringing back 914world, and thanks Greg for middling this and thanks AA for building us flares.
beerchug.gif

patrick
shadygrady
After reading today's posts, I'm not a 100% happy camper. I was one of the original 30, paid on 1/9 and told I could pick up on 1/10. I tried to pick up on 1/10 but AA didn't have but 3. was told more to come in next week(now this week). called today and they still only had 3. I was told more coming in this week. Now I read that some were shipped out today. Was that from the manufacturer and on way to AA? If so, okay as mine should be here in a week. I wonder what number I am on the list? Am I going to be part of those that have to wait for 10 weeks? With my luck, I will wind up with 2 right rears.
gregrobbins
Not happy about getting in on a great buy saving $300? No problem, George had posted earlier in this thread that he will be HAPPY to refund your money.

Who actually was planning on installing them this month before the buy was announced?
RON S.

Mine have just arrived. thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif

Now it's time to get busy sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif

Thanks Greg,

Ron
nomore9one4
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 18 2007, 09:33 AM) *

Now it's time to get busy sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif

Thanks Greg,

Ron

Ron, What are you putting yours on? You are not cutting up the orange car are you? blink.gif
RON S.
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 18 2007, 09:36 AM) *

Thanks Greg,

Ron

Ron, What are you putting yours on? You are not cutting up the orange car are you? blink.gif

Ya Damn straight I'm cutting up the orange car.

sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif

Those plastic flares are history. Remember,plastic flares may look good,but

"Steel Is Real" Especially when it comes time to sell the car to a prospective buyer. biggrin.gif

Ron
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Jan 17 2007, 09:01 PM) *

After reading today's posts, I'm not a 100% happy camper. I was one of the original 30, paid on 1/9 and told I could pick up on 1/10. I tried to pick up on 1/10 but AA didn't have but 3. was told more to come in next week(now this week). called today and they still only had 3. I was told more coming in this week. Now I read that some were shipped out today. Was that from the manufacturer and on way to AA? If so, okay as mine should be here in a week. I wonder what number I am on the list? Am I going to be part of those that have to wait for 10 weeks? With my luck, I will wind up with 2 right rears.

Please remember that although you have been charged for your flares when your installer came to the counter to get a set we did have three of the four to give him so he could get started, and assured you that Tim was shipping the extra left front ones we needed to complete extra sets we had here, PLUS agreed to deliver the flares to you at no charge!!!!!
He was not in a hurry so did not take possession of the three. They are still here, the left ones we needed having been shipped to arrive at any time.
Bottom line if you wanted flares they were here for you, and we will have the other one at any moment and will still deliver at no charge. WE WANT TO GO OUT OF OUR WAY FOR EVERYONE! TRY US!
nomore9one4
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 18 2007, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 18 2007, 09:36 AM) *

Thanks Greg,

Ron

Ya Damn straight I'm cutting up the orange car.

sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif

Those plastic flares are history. Remember,plastic flares may look good,but

"Steel Is Real" Especially when it comes time to sell the car to a prospective buyer. biggrin.gif

Ron

I understand that Ron. I bought mine to replace my fiberglass, but I just picked up another car and it is calling out for them. The new project car wins! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2007, 10:55 AM) *

Please remember that you have not been charged for your flares!!!!!!!!!! Additionally when your installer came to the counter to get a set, I offered to give him three of the four at so he could get started, and assured you that Tim was shipping the extra left front ones we needed to complete extra sets we had here.
He was not in a hurry so did not take possession of the three. They are still here, the left ones we needed having been shipped to arrive at any time.
Bottom line if you wanted flares they were here for you, AND we have not as of yet asked for NOR taken a penny of your money.

Thank you George for the group buy, I had a flawless transaction. Just wanted to send some more positives where they are deserved. Bob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 18 2007, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2007, 10:55 AM) *

Please remember that you have not been charged for your flares!!!!!!!!!! Additionally when your installer came to the counter to get a set, I offered to give him three of the four at so he could get started, and assured you that Tim was shipping the extra left front ones we needed to complete extra sets we had here.
Bottom line if you wanted flares they were here for you, AND we have not as of yet asked for NOR taken a penny of your money.

Thank you George for the group buy, I had a flawless transaction. Just wanted to send some more positives where they are deserved. Bob

thank you very much Bob. Tim is shipping every day to the rest of the group.
jim912928
George, Mia was a pleasure on the phone. I was one of the members that called in on the deadline day...so I'll assume I won't hear from anybody until mine are stamped by the manufacturer?

Thanks again for the group buy...pushed a bunch of us that were teetering on the GT conversion fence!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jan 18 2007, 11:44 AM) *

George, Mia was a pleasure on the phone. I was one of the members that called in on the deadline day...so I'll assume I won't hear from anybody until mine are stamped by the manufacturer?

Thanks again for the group buy...pushed a bunch of us that were teetering on the GT conversion fence!

Wow. Thank you. I am trying not to interrupt Tim until Friday and then Iam going to call him and see just how many sets beyond the 30 we had on the floor that he has. We will then know exactly, as I have already sent him more money for the steel for the next run. We have several wholesalers who have placed new orders with us in addition to the group so FULL STEAM AHEAD!
Richard Casto
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 18 2007, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jan 18 2007, 11:44 AM) *

Wow. Thank you. I am trying not to interrupt Tim until Friday and then Iam going to call him and see just how many sets beyond the 30 we had on the floor that he has. We will then know exactly, as I have already sent him more money for the steel for the next run. We have several wholesalers who have placed new orders with us in addition to the group so FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Sorry for stirring this up earlier. I am 100% convinced that George is working to get these delivered ASAP.
dgw
icon_bump.gif

Everybody got their flares?

Besides me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.