Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
So I'm getting ready to reinstall my 915 in the 914/8 and am not sure how much swepco it will take.
I ordered 1 gallon, will that be enough? Also, I needed a new seal for the shift -shaft as the old one was leaking a little. Does this seal install externally? Or do I need to pull the rear cover to install?
Thanks!
echocanyons
It takes 3 liters, 1 gallon should fill it with some to spare.
Sorry no help on the seal.

QUOTE(nocones @ Jan 11 2007, 09:47 PM) *

So I'm getting ready to reinstall my 915 in the 914/8 and am not sure how much swepco it will take.
I ordered 1 gallon, will that be enough? Also, I needed a new seal for the shift -shaft as the old one was leaking a little. Does this seal install externally? Or do I need to pull the rear cover to install?
Thanks!
mightyohm
I like cheap Valvoline transmission fluid, it works good! Where is redbeard when we need him? He used to hate $wepco. I think it works fine, just too $$$ for me, especially when it will all leak out eventually. dry.gif
nocones
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jan 11 2007, 11:41 PM) *

I like cheap Valvoline transmission fluid, it works good! Where is redbeard when we need him? He used to hate $wepco. I think it works fine, just too $$$ for me, especially when it will all leak out eventually. dry.gif

Thanks,
I already have the jug-o' swepco, so that is what I'll use.
mightyohm
At least you will be able to tell which fluid is leaking by the color. smile.gif

(I am still in search of the elusive non-leaking Porsche.)
914-8
915s love SWEPCO!

Definately use it. 1 gal is a little more than enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.