Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washer nozzles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
How do you get the washer nozzles off of the cowl? My car is a '74.
My '72 & '73 cars have the chrome top type and the part that sat on the cowl was rubber. Just squeeze the rubber together from the under side and they came out.
These seem to have some kind of nut holding them on? Don't want to take the pliers to them and ruin the whole thing.
Appreciate the help and suggestions.
msglaigaie
Are you going to replace one or both on your '74?? I saw a Spanish 914-6 that was being factory supported. The driver had requested a third nozzele to be installed on the drivers side. This is a modification that I plan to do to my 914 prior to my repaint. Good luck on your repair. check out the manual it has a fairly good picture. MSG L
nebreitling
i'm building a '74 race car right now. couldn't figure out how to do this without destrying them. so i snipped the bottoms off, grapped ahold of the tops with vise grips, and just worked 'em out.

they're ruined now, but removed!
John
As I recall, there are two ears that expand once through the hole to lock it into the hole.

To remove, pinch the two ears together and work it up through the hole. I have removed these without destroying them. A pair of needle nose pliers helps to squeeze the ears together.

I'm guessing yours are not stock.
Cevan
I just removed mine from my '74. I used needle nose pliers and squeezed both ears gently and pushed up. One ear came up first (kind of on an angle) and then the other. Both of mine were clogged. I used a very small drill bit in my hand and eventually cleaned them out. It appears the actual jet is aluminum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.