Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The view from Dr. 914's desk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 3 2007, 12:14 PM) *

It would be great if you posted some engine pics in the Originality Forums so people can correctly restore their late model 914's. As you know, most folks tore out the emission equipment in their cars so finding a car use as a reference is awesome.

good point. We are in such high gear here with our business that it is very hard to do what we want with postings. Thankfully January is the best time to chat, as there is lessened mail order activity here (although the restoration is in high gear!!!). I read these threads and know that there is a "ton" of information I have and could post but just again do not have the time!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(faux916 @ Feb 3 2007, 08:31 AM) *

Dr. George, who's spyder kit is that? Anymore photo's of that beauty? That is my "car goal" to own one of those. driving.gif

Thats not mine, but I do have one for sale with 800 miles on it since completion...

185 HP of MassIVe power and nothing mechanical spared..

33,500 is the asking price.

See pics at www.aircooledtechnology.com/galleries/spyder
URY914
George,

I went to college in Jacksonville and used to hang out at the Brumos race shop downtown. The (your) 916 use to sit in the corner of the shop with a cover on it and had a flat on one of the tires. It looked sad. It still had the original interior and paint. This was about 2 years after PG took his life.

Paul

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 4 2007, 05:03 PM) *

George,

I went to college in Jacksonville and used to hang out at the Brumos race shop downtown. The (your) 916 use to sit in the corner of the shop with a cover on it and had a flat on one of the tires. It looked sad. It still had the original interior and paint. This was about 2 years after PG took his life.

Paul

Neat rememberences Paul. It looks fabulous now! AND the tires are inflated!

I should probably take it for a spin sometime soon and post a picture of the man and the car!!!!!!! (I would never rub it in though!!)
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 29 2007, 03:52 PM) *

Wanna bet?

300HP N/A will be made in this cell from an airccoled TIV before the end of this summer...

Over double that from "Boost"...

Jake: Ferry Porsche would give you a medal if he were here, for saving the world from Porsch-arus or Sub-orsches, or whatever. And his dad would be amazed at what you get out of his old 1930s-derived motor design. We all owe you a lot--and are sure to pay it when we spring for the package--smiling all the way. Keep it up--with guys like you and Geo. H. at work, we not only own the best liquid-fueled production car of the 20th c., it's going to be the best of the 21st as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.