IPB Image

not to make any one jealous!!!!!
So.Cal.914
What no yellow?

Nice.
markb
drooley.gif
Bleyseng
I prefer driving one to staring at em like in a titty bar. Which one R U driving? cool.gif
rmital
clap56.gif ...more pics please...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 29 2007, 12:58 PM) *

What no yellow?

Nice.

yellow is my favorite 914 color yes, but that yellow 916 was in japan until recently, so I had to take a silver one!
Van914
Hey George,
What hours are you open. The next time I am in Calhoun I would like to stop by.
Thanks
Van914
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 29 2007, 01:02 PM) *

I prefer driving one to staring at em like in a titty bar. Which one R U driving? cool.gif

I have a harem, so get to choose, use, and look!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Van914 @ Jan 29 2007, 01:18 PM) *

Hey George,
What hours are you open. The next time I am in Calhoun I would like to stop by.
Thanks
Van914

Hi Van. 9-7 every week day saturday 9:30 until four, and sunday closed, but always available on the phone for tech advice!
John
Look!

Parts cars! biggrin.gif
messix
finger.gif TEASE!

thats just not right to rub our nose in it!

[just me turning nice shade of green biggrin.gif ]
orthobiz
Great pic, George, but could you please update your autoatalanta 914 site to reflect your current stock? Looks like the view from your desk doesn't exactly match the view from the website.

Thanks!

Paul
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 29 2007, 01:51 PM) *

Great pic, George, but could you please update your autoatalanta 914 site to reflect your current stock? Looks like the view from your desk doesn't exactly match the view from the website.

Thanks!

Paul

Good point Paul. cars come and go so quickly here that it is very hard to update. We are currently working on making it easier to order so a vast overhaul is underway. We are also chasing six parts that we are manufacturing overseas. To much to do to few to do it, all the usual story. Now if we had a man working here devoted just to car sales...
orthobiz
Well, a quick visual inspection shows three cars on the other side of the window:
an ?Ivory ?Silver car looks complete,
? Signal Orange incomplete and
? Anacona Blue Metallic complete...

Uhhhh, are these cars for sale?

Paul
martinef1963
George - last time I was in town visiting my sister & picking up parts @ your locale you had the 356 under cover - how bout a shot of that Candy Apple beaut?

regards from Miami FL boldblue.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Jan 29 2007, 02:27 PM) *

George - last time I was in town visiting my sister & picking up parts @ your locale you had the 356 under cover - how bout a shot of that Candy Apple beaut?

IPB Image

your wish is our demand
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 29 2007, 02:21 PM) *

Well, a quick visual inspection shows three cars on the other side of the window:
an ?Ivory ?Silver car looks complete,
? Signal Orange incomplete and
? Anacona Blue Metallic complete...

Uhhhh, are these cars for sale?

Paul

Most of them Paul. People drop 914s off here every day either for restoration or for sale so we always have something going!
Jake Raby
The view from the Mad Scientist's desk...

Now, who REALLY is jealous?
crash914
tease,

everyone knows that you can't get 300hp from an air cooled motor.....

Nice 356
Jake Raby
Wanna bet?

300HP N/A will be made in this cell from an airccoled TIV before the end of this summer...

Over double that from "Boost"...
drewvw
tough call there between the titty bar and the command center. I guess it depends on whether you like building 'em more or driving 'em more
crash914
Jake, I do like the joy stick though....
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 29 2007, 03:11 PM) *

Damn Jake, ya really know how to hurt a guy.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
A summer Friday night, Jake and I go out to the old vinings inn outside bar, I in my red 356 with the top down and Jake in his dyno room. Who are the women going to flock to:

Jake of course he is younger and more handsome than I!
martinef1963
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2007, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Jan 29 2007, 02:27 PM) *

IPB Image

your wish is our demand

Absolutely - ORGASMIC!!!!!! thumb3d.gif
messix
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 29 2007, 03:52 PM) *

Wanna bet?

300HP N/A will be made in this cell from an airccoled TIV before the end of this summer...

uhm....... poke.gif i wonder for how long though!
John
Well I guess that thread got hijacked.

Let me guess, that 300HP pull was from one of your mild TIV engines and wasn't yet dialed in....
Jake Raby
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 29 2007, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 29 2007, 03:52 PM) *

Wanna bet?

uhm....... poke.gif i wonder for how long though!

Long enough to drive cross country..

We don't make short lived beasts here, the Type 4 can handle massIVe amounts of power when configured correctly.

Oh well, we are stealing the good Dr.'s thread, we'll talk later...
snflupigus
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2007, 05:20 PM) *

A summer Friday night, Jake and I go out to the old vinings inn outside bar, I in my red 356 with the top down and Jake in his dyno room. Who are the women going to flock to:

Spoken like a true genious.. good to know that even if evolve into a TRUE car fanatic I'll still think about women from time to time wink.gif

LOL

btw, Dr. I need to order an inner full wheel house panel, before I do, I was wondering if you guys could fab a frame rail section for my particular repair?

my particular teen issues

snflupigus
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2007, 05:20 PM) *

Spoken like a true genious.. good to know that even if evolve into a TRUE car fanatic I'll still think about women from time to time wink.gif

LOL

btw, Dr. I need to order one of your passenger side full inner wheel house panel, before I do, I was wondering if you guys could fab a frame rail section for my particular repair and make suggestions on how large it should be?

my particular teen issues
SGB
Jake-
Does the beast use a roller cam? What kinda chassis will it go in? Wouldn't it be fun to slide it into an innocuous little red 356....
Jake Raby
Which beast??? LOL

Yes, roller cam will be standard in this particular beast...
SGB
I'm guessing the "beast with boost". Wasn't that gonna be yer wife's car? she'll need wheelie bars!
say,didja see that beetle drag car wheelie you tube link posted a couple of days ago? Better get a copy for the owners manual...
Mid_Engine_914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2007, 12:52 PM) *

IPB Image

Very cool. I could only ever do that with scale model 914s.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(SGB @ Jan 29 2007, 09:08 PM) *

I'm guessing the "beast with boost". Wasn't that gonna be yer wife's car? she'll need wheelie bars!

Yep, she's got dash tunable boost...

But it'll only be about 300 RWHP, slightly detuned and pretty small displacement at 2016cc..
messix
sooooo... you won't be driving 600+ hp all the way across the country! poke.gif
Jake Raby
Sure, just not in that car...

I have 13 other candidates for that power plant :-)
thesey914
Hello Doctor, I remember having a AA catalogue from years back which had 2 articles in -one about the 916 and one about a GT replica that had a 3.2 in (I think). I still have this catalogue stored in the loft somewhere, I'll never throw it away. It made great reading when I'd just bought my 914.

Have you got any more pictures of the red GT to post?

Matt Romanowski
I would just like to point out the Willow Green teener is inside!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jan 30 2007, 03:31 AM) *

Hello Doctor, I remember having a AA catalogue from years back which had 2 articles in -one about the 916 and one about a GT replica that had a 3.2 in (I think). I still have this catalogue stored in the loft somewhere, I'll never throw it away. It made great reading when I'd just bought my 914.

Have you got any more pictures of the red GT to post?

Thanks for keeping the 914 faith all of these years! I remember fondly the days of the 914 when the numbers of them were viable, every one drove them regularly as their primary transportation, (I met all of my girlfriends driving 914s!) VW Porsche magazine was at the top of its game, and the 914 articles were commonplace! That is when we had several of these articles written about our cars including the last six the best six the retro concept car the 916 and the m-471 gt. Still great reading after all of these years because of the cars but really because of the enthusiasm of the journalists who wrote the articles!
The red one you speak of is what became known back then as the retro concept car, a 914 we took and put modern 911 drive components into making it a fast and well handling monster! (It is pictured at the top of this thread next to the 916) Besides the 3.0 engine is has a 89 carrera complete front end 22mm adjustable front bar rear stock bar bilstein sport shocks rear stock bar 915 gearbox front gt oil cooler steel flares rear 180 springs gt chassis stiffening kit electric speedo ferrari 308 rear calipers with vented rotors recarro factory sport seats 916 style wool carpeting front gt style chrome bumper with matching gt fiberglass front and rear valances msd etc etc., all tastefully done to keep the spirit of the 914 while making a 911 eater.

This car is truly a model upon which we have based many other modified 914s we have built, and still never ceases to amaze us when we take it out and run it!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
IPB Image

darn, one cannot see the motor trend car!
grantsfo
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan, 03:11 PM) *

That's cool Jake! Think I heard on one of your radio shows that your thinking about doing transmission rebuilds now? Will you be selling tranny parts as well?
Johny Blackstain
What a wonderful view George. Three and a half years ago I got to see the view in person, for the second time, with my car right out front. Wish I'd brought my camera. More photos please!
creamsicle914.jpg cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 30 2007, 02:47 PM) *

IPB Image

darn, one cannot see the motor trend car!

whats with the red 75/76 sitting inside?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the red 914 is a 14,000 mile original car and is near perfect.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 2 2007, 07:33 PM) *

What a wonderful view George. Three and a half years ago I got to see the view in person, for the second time, with my car right out front. Wish I'd brought my camera. More photos please!
creamsicle914.jpg cool_shades.gif

Thank you Al. Your sail panel is being shipped monday by the way. they are perfect!!!!!!!
nomore9one4
Dr. George, who's spyder kit is that? Anymore photo's of that beauty? That is my "car goal" to own one of those. driving.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2007, 07:13 AM) *

75 or 76? 2.0L?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 3 2007, 07:32 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 3 2007, 07:13 AM) *

75 or 76? 2.0L?

1976 2.0 The people who sold it to us purchased it from the original owner in 1989 and immediately called us about it. They wanted to buy a vacuum line kit. I told them that they should not do a thing to this car as it was a museum piece and should be left totally original and that we would like to buy it. They agreed to sell it to us whenever they were ready to part with it, which was finally in 2003. They had had the car stored and had not put any miles on it. We had the car shipped from California and parked it in our museum, and there it stays!
The white one is a 1974 1.8 with only 10,000 miles on it.
These cars are great in that they are just as the factory issued them so good file cabinets to look at when duplicating originality. There can be no dispute as to what is original and what is not with these cars, or ones we make look just like them!!!!
Bleyseng
It would be great if you posted some engine pics in the Originality Forums so people can correctly restore their late model 914's. As you know, most folks tore out the emission equipement in their cars so finding a car use as a reference is awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.