Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me, 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'Cause
New Here.
I have seen that there are some Coloradians here with 914s. I now have in possession a 1974 914 2.0 and need to source a decent location for parts without going to a stealership (like they would help anyway). To start with I need the door windows, yep, all... the wings, glass, runners, regulators, tracks, crank handles, all... for both doors. Also the accelerator cable is broken, have a new one and started to take things apart to replace when we went into this deep freeze, don't enjoy working on this thing in the cold. In the cable replacement effort I fund the pedal more than a little loose, the 'hinge part to the floor is not in very good shape. the pedal needs to be replaced. So if any of you Colorado guys could help point me in the direction of somewhere to start getting parts it woud be greatly appreciated. I'm in Colorado springs.

I have had several other P-cars, started with a 924S, four 944's, two 951's, and a 968. Currently have the 914, a '84 944 with GT Racing glass hood, nose, flared front fenders and flared rear quaters. The 968 is a '94 Cabriolet with ~38k miles, I took it to Portland for Parade this past summer.

Thanks for any help on locating a parts source for the 914,

Ken
BigDBass
A few options:
Classifieds forums on this site and post WTB ads.
pelicanparts.com for new parts and also a classifieds forum.
thesamba.com
ebay
There are also several other options for new parts.

Oh, and welcome.png
Oh, and post pictures of your car!
Oh, and fill in your VIN information here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins
914nerd
Where in Colorado are you?
I happen to have all of the window glass that you are looking for on a parts car of mine and I am in northern New Mexico.
PM me and I can give you some more information

Charles
'Cause
QUOTE(914nerd @ Jan 31 2007, 10:07 AM) *

Where in Colorado are you?
I happen to have all of the window glass that you are looking for on a parts car of mine and I am in northern New Mexico.
PM me and I can give you some more information

Charles

PM sent!
bob174
Just replaced the accelerator pedal in mine--best price I could find was $36.00. And it's still on sale for $1 off! Everyplace else wanted about $70 bucks for the damn thing. Here's the link:

www.OemEuroDirect.com
TROJANMAN
Ken,
Welcome to the club world. Please sign up for our Colorado website as well. Most of your parts needs can probably be handled locally: Colorado 914 smile.gif
I may have alot of what you need (i just parte a '73) as will others in town.
'Cause
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jan 31 2007, 10:54 AM) *

Ken,
Welcome to the club world. Please sign up for our Colorado website as well. Most of your parts needs can probably be handled locally: Colorado 914 smile.gif
I may have alot of what you need (i just parte a '73) as will others in town.

Thanks for the welcome. I've contacted the Co-914 site, need to wait for the "approval'!
I'll PM... thanks.
'Cause
QUOTE(bob174 @ Jan 31 2007, 10:49 AM) *

Just replaced the accelerator pedal in mine--best price I could find was $36.00. And it's still on sale for $1 off! Everyplace else wanted about $70 bucks for the damn thing. Here's the link:

www.OemEuroDirect.com

THANKS, that was a good price, ordered one...
thanks for the heads up, Ken
Brew
welcome.png
'Cause
QUOTE(Brew @ Jan 31 2007, 01:53 PM) *

welcome.png

Brew, thanks for the 'welcome'...

I see you are in the Springs also, hope to get to meet you sometime... If I haven't already? Are you in AMR/PCA?
Eric_Shea
There's 914's in Colorado? confused24.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2007, 02:45 PM) *

none.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2007, 02:45 PM) *

No Eric. We ALL drive 35 hp diesel engined VW Rabbit Trucks, or nissans poke.gif
biggrin.gif
Gint
You're in Ken...

welcome.png

And Colorado-914 of course.
Brew
QUOTE('Cause @ Jan 31 2007, 02:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Brew @ Jan 31 2007, 01:53 PM) *

welcome.png

Brew, thanks for the 'welcome'...

I see you are in the Springs also, hope to get to meet you sometime... If I haven't already? Are you in AMR/PCA?

Yup, I am!

Last meeting I went to was at the dealership, in November. The one before that was at the garage-mahal. I was the tall, good looking one! biggrin.gif

So, do I know you? PM me!
Eric_Shea
No Eric. We ALL drive 35 hp diesel engined VW Rabbit Trucks, or nissans

Then there's the "gals" in Boulder with the Outbacks! aaron.gif
'Cause
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 31 2007, 08:12 PM) *

You're in Ken...

welcome.png

And Colorado-914 of course.

Thanks for the welcome!
...And ... the "And... I'll be visiting soon! clap56.gif
'Cause
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2007, 09:47 PM) *

No Eric. We ALL drive 35 hp diesel engined VW Rabbit Trucks, or nissans

Then there's the "gals" in Boulder with the Outbacks! aaron.gif

Hhhmmmm... 'Gals'...'Outbacks', Peoples Republic of Boulder... no offense to any of the "Boulderites", but I prefer to stay to the South---- ie. CoSprgs, unless I'm going through to the Sundance in Nederland!

Number One, the works... since '78...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.