Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some picts of my winter 914 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrKona
Hello fellow teeners,

This winter, my project for the 914 is to drop the engine, clean all engine tin, new SS hardware, fuel lines, vacuum lines, rebuild/repair engine wiring harness, clean fuel injectors, and generally polish everything up that needs it. I would have liked to powder coat the tin, but that's out of the budget this year.

Thought I'd post a few "before and after" pics of the progress so far. I built a new alternator harness, made some repairs to the ignition harness. The FI harness is still under construction, being built from scratch. New vacuum hoses are being installed, I'll finish them up when the engine is back in.

I'll post more pictures as the project progresses... hopefully will be done by spring! smile.gif

- Bryan
jagalyn
Wow! That looks great! What did you use to clean the heat exchangers? Also what are you using to clean the black tin? I think that would be a good winter project for me too.

Nice job.

j.
MrKona
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Feb 3 2007, 03:35 PM) *

Wow! That looks great! What did you use to clean the heat exchangers? Also what are you using to clean the black tin? I think that would be a good winter project for me too.

Nice job.

j.

Oh yah, I forgot to add that I also got "new" used stainless steel heat exchangers. I'll be selling the old rusty pair if anyone is interested. biggrin.gif

I used plain old Simple Green and a scrub brush on the tin.
MrKona
A couple more pictures. At the risk of never winning a concourse competition, I decided to go with a tinned copper mesh sleeving for the alternator and ignition harnesses. Good abrasion resistance, and I also think it looks sharp, complements the woven vacuum hose.

I might just go with regular split loom for the FI harness, as it'll be a royal pain headbang.gif to run the sleeving over all that wire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.