Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What could it be?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
Hi all

i've had a bucking problem that started about a week ago, can't seem to figure it out. it happens all over the RPM range, at any throttle position, warmed up or cold. power is down, fuel consumption is up, and there seems to be an inordinate amount of water coming out the tail pipe.

what i've done:

-check dwell (good)
-check timing (good)
-adjust fuel pressure (to a steady 30psi)
-replace CHT [TS2] (this was a bitch but here's a tip: i made a modified socket driver (with room for the wire) out of a solid piece of oak wood -- worked like a charm!)
-filled up with 91 octance gas and STP red fuel treatment (thought it may have been bad gas)

at first, it ran much better (for like 15 minutes). but after shutting it off for 2 minutes, it began to studder and buck again like before -- as if running on only 3 cylinders...

tomorrow i'm going to take a look at the injectors, maybe tear into the dizzy.. any other suggestions?

to this board, i bow down.... pray.gif

nathan beer.gif
nebreitling
btw

also opened up the TPS -- still looks good.

nathan
redshift
Does any of this help you?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=ST&f=2&t=6776

Mine was acting up today.

M
seanery
make sure all of your injectors are connected properly, sounds easy, is easy. I had that problem once with my 74 2.0.
easiest fix yet!

Also, is your fuel filter good? Low fuel can bring the crud out of an old, rusty tank. Try not to get below 1/4 tank and it'll help.
My 72 did this last week, luckily I knew the symptoms as my 356 used to do it under 1/3 tank. Fill it and give it some carb/fi/fuel cleaner and it'll fix it if that's the problem.
SirAndy
check the grounds. where the white wires ground to the engine-block.

check yer spark plugs. and the plug-cables. make sure none is loose.

points. do you still have points?

was the fuel tank really low about a week ago?
like, you almost ran out of gas? if so, replace the fuel filter. it might be clogged up.

Andy
john rogers
Injection points in the distributor need replacement.
Brad Roberts
What John said. smilie_flagge24.gif

Trigger points are bad. Seen it about 5 times this year.

B
nebreitling
Thanks, guys

i'll crack open the dizzy and change the fi trigger points. might as well change the fuel filter, too... i appreciate the advice. beerchug.gif

n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.