Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To prime or not to prime...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I am assembling a 1911 motor with hydraulic lifters, I really don't want to debate the use of them, I am giving them a try no matter what. biggrin.gif

My question is, should I prime the lifters or not, I have heard that you should soak them in oil, then pump them in oil, then I read that you should put them in dry...not sure what to do. Also, the push rods are different, they look suspiciously like Type I chromoly push rods. I bought this motor in a partially assembled state, tore it all down and started from scratch. Any other tips for hydros?
Katmanken
Fill them up. They need to be pumped up to operate and it will be a little hard to get the valves adjusted without oil in them. Not only that, but they make expensive noises when dry and the pushrods can slip out of the lifters and damage them.

Yes, If I recal right, the the hydro pushrod tips are different, and maybe the length. Try a Bus or VW site.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.