Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a 914 intake manifold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Hamilton
I've got this 914 intake manifold for a 356 type solex carb, but just this one, making it relatively useless.

Here's a pic:
IPB Image
More pics at: http://www.thextremeresources.com/boshi/im...914%20manifold/

I noticed it has a porsche part number, how common are these? I suppose only on some european models?

I figure it would be fun to find another one and make a set so when I toss a megasquirt on my 914 I'll have these to compare to, since I've heard the factory used these in their racing efforts.
Aaron Cox
ive heard the maifolds with the part number were required to use carbs in some racing sanctioning bodies....

cool stuff. a little short tho smile.gif
type47fan
Listed in SCCA rules as legal for 912E, 914/4, etc., for use with Solex 40 PII-4, Weber 40 IDF, or Del'Orto 40MM, with 38 mm chokes maximum. . . .
GeorgeRud
I had a pair of those on my 74 2.0 liter back in the mid 70s. They were made available to conform to SCCA racing specs, and the Porsche Panorama ran an article on how to prepare a 914 for road racing as per Richie Ginther's team.
If I recall correctly, they ran ok with the Solex 40P11 carbs, but I don't think it helped any powerwise as I had a stock cam. It sure sounded nice though.
Al Meredith
When Blake was running E Production he used a set of these manifolds with Solex carbs . Great set up. To bad you only have one.
1bad914
I have a set of these, I never really paid that much attention to them. They are tossed in a box im my attic.
Chris Hamilton
So they're a pretty common item?
davep
Perhaps not as common as the aftermarket varieties, but not rare as such.
Best to talk to Jake about getting a matching intake, he may have a spare. Or ask Randy about selling his pair. These have been discussed in the past, it would be worth the search.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=18753
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.