Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offical post for donations to Dave Korijo/account now closed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
736conver
Here's the origianl post if you missed it

Dave post

This post is for getting donations to Dave and his family. We pulled together pretty good for the Van, lets see if we can help out in his time of need once again. So far donations are up to $50.

Donations can be made via Paypal or if someone can post his address you can just mail it direct. I will leave the Paypal account open until Feb. 28th. At that time the contents of the account will be withdrawn and sent to Dave and his family.

I do need Dave's address if anyone has it.

Lets pull together and help out.

Allan
Done.
736conver
Up to $95 already.

Woohoo
Bleyseng
I have a address and I called today but just had to leave a message on the voice mail.

Hopefully Kori will call back so I can set up a time to go visit Dave and her. smoke.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif

Okay. found a pic of Dave when he showed up at a 914 meet after driving his wheelchair a couple of miles on the street just to make it. This was before the van. Dude was totally 914 crazy!
xitspd
Done,Paypal sent. I am so very sorry to hear the news.

Dan
GaroldShaffer
$$ sent
John Kelly
I'm in. Payment sent.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
SGB
of course.
KELTY360
Paypal sent.
914werke
biggrin.gif Ha I remember that day at Rays.

Im Down. $ sent
Let me know if you connect with Kori Geoff
Ill try to make some time to come with you.

R.

914nerd
Paypal sent here as well
sad.gif
736conver
New update we are up to 574.14

Awesome job guys. Keep it coming.

Also to inform everyone the paypal account is awaiting to be verified so you might received an email saying the money is unclaimed. It takes 3 to 4 days to verify, so just ignore any email about it.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
$ sent

God: This makes me know how lucky I am . Health is good, 4 heathly grandkids
that love me ,and I them. God bless Dave and his family!
Dave slap.gif
dagdal1967
DONE!

We should all be proud (I know I am) of how we all jump into action when there is a need.

You all rock!

Doug
fiid
done.

This sucks. 2 good friends of mine have just been diagnosed with cancer as well, and on top of James' death last year. I wish people would quit it with the illness and mortality. sad.gif

ConeDodger
I am going to repeat what I said before... It is great that you guys want to send money for Dave and Kori, and this isn't to take anything away from that effort. But Dave wanted to build two cars for his boys to remember him by. The VW is done, the 914 needs to be finished and it is up to us to do it. Can someone find out what it will take to finish this car?

As someone who has lost his father I can tell you how important it was to him that he be remembered by his sons. Dave wants this, we have the parts and ability among us. Lets get it done for him.

His son needs to know that Dad loved him. He needs to know that people loved his Dad...

Are you guys up for that?
mstein95
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Feb 12 2007, 12:03 PM) *

I am going to repeat what I said before... It is great that you guys want to send money for Dave and Kori, and this isn't to take anything away from that effort. But Dave wanted to build two cars for his boys to remember him by. The VW is done, the 914 needs to be finished and it is up to us to do it. Can someone find out what it will take to finish this car?

As someone who has lost his father I can tell you how important it was to him that he be remembered by his sons. Dave wants this, we have the parts and ability among us. Lets get it done for him.

His son needs to know that Dad loved him. He needs to know that people loved his Dad...

Are you guys up for that?

agree.gif Count me in. Have parts/tools - will travel. It would be a pleasure and an honor to participate in any effort to complete his car. Geoff, are you coordinating? Paypal sent.
736conver
New total

rhodyguy
rob, the car is a disassembled, suspensionless tub. the flairing was never completed. substancial ammount of work and money to finish.

k
JerryP
I don't know what to say. That is an incredible family. Truly humbling.
John Kelly
I tried several times to get an answer from Dave about doing some more work on the flares. I think he ran out of juice for the project which is understandable. One of the issues that came up is the flare size. He wanted ones just like Zach's so that is what we aimed for. But without the suspension in and the car on the ground it is very difficult to make a nice looking flare to fit specific wheels/tires. The wheels and tires he got may be little small for the flare he wanted. The left rear quarter is pretty bad if I remember right. It probably should be replaced. Really this might be better done in a shop, than a residential neighborhood. I will try to find time to help if someone can get this going again. Perhaps somebody has shop that will work, then suspension mounted, make decisions about the flares?

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Bleyseng
looks like this the last time I saw it a year ago still. The chassis has new pans installed (I did it) and its pretty clean. Flares need finishing and in a shop. It was tough to do when we did it at the "Flare Party". I can lend a hand to finish it even paint it once its warm.
ConeDodger
I think what we need is an assessment and a local coordinator.

What does it need? What would Dave do if he could? That kind of thing...

I am not familiar with the car but if it is a 4 cylinder I think I can get an engine built if it isn't already.

Geoff... You up for a coordinator - Assessor position? We can call you the Central Scrutinizor...
Bleyseng
Ok, I'll try to get thru to them on the phone.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 12 2007, 03:54 PM) *

Ok, I'll try to get thru to them on the phone.

I may know where there's some shop space.
dagdal1967
As far as I'm concerned, the money donated can go where it is deemed to do the most good. If Dave's wish was to get the cars done for his son, then spend the money there. If the money would go best to help out the family with bills, then put it there....

IF WE THINK WE NEED A FUND FOR EACH, THEN SET ANOTHER ONE UP AND I'LL DONATE TO THAT TOO!

ConeDodger
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ Feb 12 2007, 05:17 PM) *

As far as I'm concerned, the money donated can go where it is deemed to do the most good. If Dave's wish was to get the cars done for his son, then spend the money there. If the money would go best to help out the family with bills, then put it there....

IF WE THINK WE NEED A FUND FOR EACH, THEN SET ANOTHER ONE UP AND I'LL DONATE TO THAT TOO!

I think they should be two separate things. I bet Kori could use the almost $1000.00 that has been raised already. Lets do the car as a systems approach. We can raise money and talent donation for bodywork, driveline, suspension as they get done...
Bleyseng
let me look at the car first to see whats up with it. I am sure Kori can use the $$ from us. biggrin.gif
SGB
The car restoration should happen independantly. Dave needs to know we will take care of his family first, car second.
736conver
Last update for today.

Ferg
I just listed a Momo and hub in the classifieds...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=68111

all the proceeds to go to this fund.

Ferg
scottb
wow.... i have been so caught up in my own stuff that i have been away from the board for a few weeks. to see this is truly humbling and inspiring. i helped with the Van ® and will help here as well. paypal has been sent.

i have family in seattle that would be more than willing to help so please let me know.

cheers and peace....

scott
914forme
Ferg, I have a Momo Shift knob I will add the same deal, all proceed go to this fund.

Also fire up the car one and nail it, I will be happy to donate what I can $$ or parts.

736conver
Update $1247.00

Wow it just amazes me how deep people reach into there pockets.

While all donations are awesome and welcomed,there has been many that contributed $25,$50 or even $100.

Amazing guys keep it up.
a914luvr
I'm in. Prayers and best wishes.
burton73
I am so lucky, so blessed I hope this donation can help.

Bob
736conver
Update $1425.43

SGB
Have you unloaded any cash on 'em or offered to pay the rent or whatever yet? Thanks alot for your part, too, Brian.
736conver
QUOTE(SGB @ Feb 15 2007, 04:31 PM) *

Have you unloaded any cash on 'em or offered to pay the rent or whatever yet? Thanks alot for your part, too, Brian.

Its just going to be delivered to them via a check to do as they seem fit.

I have ask Geoff, Bleyseng club id, to make the drop as he has been in contact with them and lives close by.

Deadline is end of the month, Feb. After which the account will be close out and money withdrawn. I will then mail a check out to Geoff so it can be hand delivered with our prayers and thoughts.
gklinger
Donation sent. Don't know Dave or his family, but man... this is tough. sad.gif
Thanks for stepping up to put this together Brian.
914rrr
My wife saw this thread, read the story, and told me about it. Even though we are unemployed...we at least have our health and know that we can spare some $$ to help out. I will paypal after submitting this post.

Rob
seanery
Rob, that was a kind thing to do, especially when unemployed. I know, I've been there myself.

I'm travelling with Ringling Bros. We'll be in Knoxville next week. Let me know if you'd like to go. I can probably get some tickets for you, my treat.

317 Five Five Seven 5069 cell it's always on
dagdal1967
clap56.gif clap56.gif

Well done seanery... Proves that "Pay it forward" isn't just a bad movie with a defunct child actor!

happy11.gif
markb
Done.
736conver
Update

$1550.46

Bleyseng
OMG! Thats incredible guys! clap56.gif
quadracerx
Hey Everyone....

This is really a tough situation...and one I have some experiance with....Everyones help no matter how small is a blessing....

Im going to make a donation on Wed. which is payday for me...and I have a 1.7 Motor ill donate....its complete but not running....not sure of the condition....I saw the movie "Pay It Forward" and believe in the principle at least....

Anybody have any updates on a work party for the car? And an update on Dave and his family would be great as well.....

My Prayers and Best Wishes to Dave and his family....

Thanks...

Steve
SGB
Brian-
why are you closing the fund at the end of the month? I hope you will open aniother. I will be glad to make a contribution again next month, and would hope to be doing so for a while. The needs will not go away at the end of the month...
736conver
QUOTE(SGB @ Feb 19 2007, 09:39 PM) *

Brian-
why are you closing the fund at the end of the month? I hope you will open aniother. I will be glad to make a contribution again next month, and would hope to be doing so for a while. The needs will not go away at the end of the month...

I agree the need will not go away. Maybe someone else can set up another fund.
Or set something else up. Right now donations are few and far between. There were no donations on Sunday and only one today.

My original intent was to use this paypal account for a different business venture. I delayed that idea as I thought I could use it for donations for Dave, as it was a fresh account with no money. But I need to get it back on track come March.

Putting a dealine or a goal on a donation drive will get more donations rather then having an open account.

The next person to set one up should set some sort of goal to reach.

Total in the account right now is $1670.63 with nine days left

spunone
Ok $ sent .lets keep it going all thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.