Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 RC Body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
PorschePony
Hi, and welcome

From the previous topic, we hope to start and maintain the buying process here.

The cost:

THe distributor will sell them @19.95 each sitting in CA. My quick cost analysis is as follows:

Shipping from Ohio, (centrally located) I checkedUPS, USPS, and Fedex on a 12"x12"x18" box (standard size) and found the cheapest was Fedex @about 7.00 Ground, and that was based on size,not weight.

First Car body w/shipping, packaging $30.00 each.
Each additional Car body (up to 5) $22.00 each.

Breakdown: $20 Car body
$ 1 Shipping to me
$ 2 packaging, box, stickers, etc
$ 7 Shipping to person

The packaging price can be adjusted by region, but the shipping cost is the big hit on the price.

THe procedure:

Send Me an email to esecrest@ameritech.net with the subject: "Car Body". Include your email address, qty desired, and your ship to address.

I can go into the paypal and send you a bill for the qty you want and adjusted shipping.

If you want it pay it. You click on the bill and pay anyway you want per their instructions.

As I receive the pmts, I'll post the running total. The distributor wanted 40+ as a minimum to start.

As we reach the 40 mark, I'll place the order and it will be 3 weeks to get them.

The costing will be as posted before. I'll start the new post area with it again.

The above gives you a receipt, and keeps everybody covered.

Anybody see a major flaw? If not the send the email with info and lets get started.
PorschePony
We now have 11 confirmed bodies (boy I wish I was Hugh Hefner...) so keep up the good work!
Dave_Darling
A total of 1 for me. (If the retailer also sells small--3" or less in length--versions, I would be interested in more of those.) But see my post about a possible sub-group buy.

--DD
PorschePony
We now have 18 confirmed/billed bodies (boy I AM Hugh Hefner...) so keep up the good work!

I like DD idea for the group. It saves shipping, handling, etc. Its not like I'm making any money on this. If its like every other project I estimated, I'm going to loose my A#$&*(#!
Mueller
I'm open to the local SF Area shipment....I work in Fremont which is sorta central to the area......me or DD or Demick, no big deal to me.
Gary
I'm good for two....

Gary
PorschePony
We now have 22 confirmed/billed bodies.

Keep up the good work!

Dave Darling is getting a sub group together in Bay area,

I can deliver to Hersey swap meet, so keep the orders coming
PorschePony
We now have 25 confirmed/billed bodies.

Keep up the good work!

If Dave Darling is gets 12 from his sub group in the Bay area, we will be at 37! We needed 40 to get minimum order, so if all goes well I can order Friday to start the process!

I can deliver to Hersey swap meet for $23 each if pre-ordered/paid, so keep the orders coming for whatever way you want.
PorschePony
Ok guys, here we are.....

I just ordered 40 914 shells, and 2 356 shells. The decals might come with it. He is talking to the factory tonight to confirm. I told him if thery were extra, to order 6 sheets for anyone who wants them.

I decided to order them myself, and cover the cost, to get this started. I wanted to make sure they were on there way here ASAP.

So Tues-Wed. I will get the preship proforma, and I will wire them the money.

Sounds like 40 is about the right amount. We will have the only known 40 shell in the US.

His company (Royal Hobby Distributors tm, Multiplex USA) has a RC race track in Southern CA, and was going to put on a race/car show there in June. He was intrigued by all of our getting the 914 bodies in, and was considering using the 914 for the marque car. He would have a real car show, then have 1/10 RC racing, requiring all participants to be using 914 shells.

Wow would that be interesting.
rick 918-S
If I can get in on this put me down for a GT
PorschePony
Name Qty Status

Gary Stellmach 2 Paid
netMercury 2 Paid
David McLaughlin 5 Paid
Kelly Thorson 2/2 Paid
Ed Secrest 2 Paid
mike rose 1 Paid
Justin Fischer 2 Paid
Geoffrey Bartelmes 2 Paid
Roy Galan 2 Billed
Rick Harris 2 Billed
Robin Haas 1 Paid
Vaughan Williams 2 Billed
Kerry Herr 1 Paid
Marc-André Morin 2 Paid
Demick Boyden 2 Paid

This is my list. If it is not correct, email me. I have every Paypal transaction for each.

We have 31 already, so if you want to add, modify your order, now is the time. I have 40 on order as of a couple of hours ago. Not knowing the world next week, I choose to get them started!

If we exceed 40 over the weekend, I can call and up to amount but to get delivery intime for upcoming events, I went ahead and ordered.
PorschePony
2 more have been added, bringin the total to 33 paid/billed

Rick Ollah 1 Billed
Greg Panik 1 Paid

REMEMBER, IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE LIST, YOU NEED TO EMAIL ME TO GET IT THERE!
djm914-6
If decals are not included, I'll need all 5. It looks like the decals include all of the chrome trim and such.

I'll buy at least one of those 356s too.
boxstr
I would like one 914 and one 356. I can PAYPAL.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
1580 Bedford Ct.
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
PorschePony
Based on the 40 car order, we have the following:

Paid

Gary Stellmach 2
Mike Mueller 2
David McLaughlin 5
Kelly Thorson 2
Ed Secrest 2
mike rose 1
Justin Fischer 2
Geoffrey Bartelmes 2
Dave Darling 4
Robin Haas 1
Kerry Herr 1
Marc-André Morin 2
Demick Boyden 2
Rick Ollah 1
Greg Panik 1
Bruce Napier 2

32 bodies locked up

Billed No response:

Roy Galan 2 Billed: 3/11/2003
Rick Harris 2 Billed: 3/12/2003
Vaughan Williams 2 Billed: 3/13/2003
Aaron Cox 1 Billed: 3/14/2003

7 bodies tied up, no response

After 3/17, Noon (Ohio Time), any of the above are dropped from the list who has not responded to the billing.

Next up in order:

Chris (Chris914n6) qty 2
Jerry (Carrera916) qty 2
Craig C. Laughlin qty 1/1
PLus an new ones just requestd today.

We are on a 40 body working sheet, not knowing if he can add 10 to the order. SO I am taking money for th e1st 40, listings for the next 10.
Dave_Darling
Add four for me, billed to and shipped to Mueller.

And Mike has my permission to publicly humiliate me if I forget to pay him...

--DD
PorschePony
You are already on the paid list!
mikerose
You can ship mine to Mueller. Thanks

Mike
Mueller
Hey Mike.....

I already took the initiative to have yours shipped to me smile.gif
Expect a phone later on today....depending on how much you want for your 2.0 that is in my car, I might make an offer on it.....too much damn work to go swapping motors again in just a few months.........

Mike (sucky go-karter) Mueller
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(PorschePony @ Mar 17 2003, 05:32 AM)
You are already on the paid list!

Sorry, Ed--I didn't see my name in there. blush.gif I guess it was a blonde moment. wink.gif

--DD
Rouser
Was busy these last few days; clicked PayPal for my two (2).

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
just sent in my check to ED for my one.

confirmed! biggrin.gif

plan on makin mine with workin foglights, and taillights...maybe! driving.gif
PorschePony
Ready to go:
Gary Stellmach, Mike Mueller, David McLaughlin, Kelly Thorson, Ed Secrest, mike rose, Justin Fischer, Geoffrey Bartelmes, Roy Galan, Dave Darling, Robin Haas, Vaughan Williams, Kerry Herr, Marc-André Morin, Demick Boyden, Greg Panik, Jerry McCarthy, Chris Prim

IN Process:
Rick Ollah, Aaron Cox, Bruce Napier, Craig C. Laughlin, Steve Iverson

Lost in Space:
Rick Harris

Yes Dave D, you are in the 'ready to go' list...

We are getting the first order ready to bring in, but we need to keep getting the word out to keep the sales coming. I ordered a larger qty. to help the distributor. Tell your friends about getting David L. to paint the body to match their car. He is going to have extras for painting to match car setup. Email him for pricing...
Aaron Cox
hey, any one using these for anything but an rc car ( or jello mold for that matter! beerchug.gif ) I am just trying to make a rolling 914 model, complete w/ foglights and tailights and i need to make some sort of pan for it....like the bottom of a 914. any ideas....

huh.gif
Mueller
I was thinking of something as simple as a chunk of wood with some R/C wheels attached to it of a static display...nothing fancy.......

If I had time (and talent), I'd like to build a scale replica of Brads Tube car or of Rons The Ultimate 914 to put under the plastic body.

That would be cool to have sitting on my desk mueba.gif
boxstr
Take a trip to the local hobby shop, the one that sells plastic models and balsa airplanes. Amazing what they have for these resin bodied RC cars.
If you find the right place you should have no trouble finding the platform or frame for your MINI TEEN.
CCLinLOO
djm914-6
If you want lights, go to WWW.RCNEON.COM, they have several configurations. I was thinking of using tail lights and Yellow fogs. If I really get creative, I may take one body and cut ipen the headlight lid to make a replica housing. I've seen people make cages out of straws or hobby shop plactic pieces. Most don't look too realistic though.

Would people be interested in a mock up chassis? I may see what I can build. If all works out well, I'd offer it in kit form and complete. We'll have to see what happens once the bodies come in.
seanery
Hey guys, I've been out of town for the last 10 days or so, is it too late to get in?
PorschePony
No you are not too late! Just follow the original topic info, and email me the info, you are builled, and you are set. THe order is due in theis coming week, so you should be all set.
djm914-6
I was wondering if there was an interest in buying ready to run 914 models? I'd be willing to build a kit complete (saving you several hours) with radio gear and any hop ups you desire for a modest fee above my actual costs. I may even bring a few kits to Hershey this year with a RTR version to show off.

Just sending out a feeler. tongue.gif
Eddie Williams
what's the status of the order? hadn't heard any thing of late.
PorschePony
Latest Update

THe distributor told me the bodies are in line to be made. I guess the bodies were out of stock, so he had to order 500 to get the order through.

We should have confirmation on the delivery this week coming up. Sorry for the delay, but we will have the freshest R/C shells in the country!

I hope they come soon, as I have spent $500+ waiting for them to come. Why did I ever get into this!!! I started with nothing, now I have 3 race cars and 3 4x4 trucks. I bought a 4x4 USA-1 to tow it, a trailer to put the 914 on, a 4wd chassis for the 914 body, plus racing motors, controls, tires, etc. Then I got hooked up with the 'Magnificent Dave', and got a custom truck body for the 4x4, and he is painting the trailer to match it. Boy I think I have a little obsession problem.

See the truck pic below, it's beautiful...
Aaron Cox
what kinda paint do you use to paint the inside? just model spray paint? just curious mellow.gif
djm914-6
You can not use regular spray paints. You need to buy paint made for polycarbonite RC bodies. Pactra makes a nice line of sprays. Look at your local hobby store or online at Tower Hobbies.
kafermeister
Hi Ed, Just wanted to see if my order was still Lost in Space? The Paypal exchange went through and my credit card was billed the proper ammount.

Rick Harris
Aaron Cox
likwwise....wonderin if you recieved my check? you definitely should of recieved it by now. the manufacturer/distributor ordered 500 shells? seems like a lot to me. what is the Approx. time of delivery to you? cool.gif
PorschePony
Finally I got word from the distributor that he got the proforma from Carson for the shipment. That means the Germans finally made the bodies.

So I send the money next, and we get the parts soon!

Sorry for the delay, but we were at the mercey of Carson making/delivering them.

Ed
PorschePony
Bodies are made, billed, paid, and being shipped!
Mueller
If one wanted to buy the "correct" sized wheels/tires for this sized body, what scale or models would be the right one?
djm914-6
This model is 1/10 scale. I just bought a set of twist wheel that came off of a Tamiya Boxster model. I can try to get the dimensions of the wheels for you. There are a lot of aftermarket wheels available. Proline, Tamiya, and HPI are the best. I wish I had a painted model now and it would be cool to post a pic of the model on my /6. I even have a set of 17" twists in the garage temporarally.
Mueller
I'll swing by the local hobby shop today (Sheldons) and grab a set of wheels to look at....hmmm, any interest in 1/10 scale Fuchs????
djm914-6
How would one go about making scale Fuchs?
Mueller
Billet- I have a small CNC mill and lathe which actually works now
(built it myself, it's one of those cheesy 3-in-1 mills you see in the back of Car Craft or Hobby magazines---converted it from ACME screws to ballscrews, built a Servo Controller including the power supply, it runs off of a PC)

I am slowly buying tools and accesories (expensive)

or

Cast-I've always wanted to make a small foundry for some of my scale projects.....used cast aluminum pistons make great material for melting into new parts......
L8Apex
Machine some aluminum! yes, they do have nice aluminum 1/10 scale wheels. Don't remember any Fuchs though. They do make some wheels that look like Fikse FM10's.
Aaron Cox
they dont even need to be aluminum. didnt one guy on the email list say he could vaccuum form stuff? make some five luggers out of plastic! would be cool. how would one go about milling bizillions of lil fuchs in a reasonable amt of time?
djm914-6
These are just a few of the wheels available that (IMHO) would look nice on a Porsche. The last few are aluminum or titanium. There are many more styles or colors out there to fit most people tastes. I would still love to see a set of Fuchs.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
seanery
I've got aluminum on my car and IMHO they are much nicer than the plastic ones.

Mueller, I'd be interested in some fuchs if you made some.
L8Apex
Mueller just picked up a pair of 993 Turbo Twists made by Proline today. (I met up with him at my 1st place of employment at age 15, the hobby shop).

Note that 1/10 scale RC wheels are made to be large in scale, so they are actually equal to about 19 to 20" wheels. ( they are 2 inches in diameter). You can't go smaller as they don't offer any scaled down tires to go with them.
PorschePony
I'm still here. Here is where I am at...

I have been told that that they were to be shipped from Germany a few weeks ago. I posted that to you. Since then I have been hounding the distributor wanting status. He keeps saying that they are overdue and was part of other orders that they are late on.

I ordered a lot of extras, so I have a lot of personal money invested as well as yours! I am really frustrated with the wait, just as you are.

If I don't have bodies in the state by Monday, I am going to after the distributor to get our money back. This is taking a lot more time than I thought, and I will follow it through, so don't think I am in Cosomel, sipping drinks on your money!
Mueller
I don't mind waiting a few more weeks...heck, the darn body is going to be just sitting around collecting dust for a while anyways smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.