Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want to save a LE creamsicle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Pincetich
check it...I'm 6-12 months away from starting my next 914 project, but love looking.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/276989082.html
beerchug.gif
Rand
I thought one of our crew bought that one? (I don't remember which club now though....)
914werke
Yup already gone.
Chris Pincetich
WOW that was fast, this was just posted yesterday.
Who got it?
SLITS
they're not saying 'cause they're gonna desecrate it by making it a /6 conversion av-943.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2007, 04:14 PM) *

they're not saying 'cause they're gonna desecrate it by making it a /6 conversion av-943.gif

headbang.gif SACRILEDGE!! chair.gif A 6 IN AN LE?! sawzall-smiley.gif BLASPHEMY! ar15.gif Actually, I always wanted to do that myself. I envisioned a Creamsicle, w/ a 2.0 6, so you dont have to chage the badge on the back, M471's w/ matching ground effects & 5 lug Mahle Gas Burners painted phoenix/red. cool_shades.gif
davep
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 13 2007, 01:34 PM) *

I envisioned a Creamsicle, w/ a 2.0 6, so you dont have to chage the badge on the back

Surely you jest! At a minimum it deserves a 3.0.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 13 2007, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 13 2007, 01:34 PM) *

I envisioned a Creamsicle, w/ a 2.0 6, so you dont have to chage the badge on the back

Surely you jest! At a minimum it deserves a 3.0.

No, I kind of think of myself as a renegade purist( laugh.gif ). But yes, a 3.0 would be nicer, just w/ a 2.0 on the back & Mahle gas burners inside M471 flares you could fudge the uneducated & say it's stock( happy11.gif )! cool_shades.gif
scotty b
idea.gif Any one ever done a GT LE?? Dead sexy thumb3d.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 13 2007, 05:05 PM) *

agree.gif That's what i was thinking beerchug.gif
Porsche Rescue
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Feb 13 2007, 01:10 PM) *

WOW that was fast, this was just posted yesterday.
Who got it?

See Michael N post hereLE
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(George H. @ Feb 13 2007, 08:07 PM) *

agree.gif That's what i was thinking beerchug.gif

creamsicle914.jpg That's it exactly guys, orange gas burners w/ spacers, orange gt rockers & AA's gt rear valence, in orange. The hard part would be the LE front spoiler.. somehow it has to look like a flared stock spoiler w/ a stock looking air intake for a cooler, in orange. I'm sure it can be done but that would be a lot of glass work on the front spoiler alone. Still look like an LE, but a GT-LE. Just a dream of mine now for 30 yrs or so. What a pretty car that would be. cool_shades.gif
scotty b
Gimme a fiberglass LE spoiler and I'll make it fit the flares. biggrin.gif Gauranteed. I cut this one into 5 pieces and have it back to looking RIGHT now. Took 1.5 inches out of it. No digi before pics or recent pic ....yet
scotty b
since this the reat has been reshaped to fit correctly and only needs finishing werk.Fibreglass isn't that hard to werk with, if you aren't afraid of it
Michael N
Creamcicle update.

So today was a good day. I went to the DMV to check the status of the Creamcicle's history. I did not want to get the car home and then find out that there would be problems with the registration. Good news was that the car has been off the books for so long that there are no back fees and not a problem to register. I will have to take the car to the CHP or DMV for a VIN certification but then they'll issue a title. Since I'll be trailering the car home I'll just leave it on the trailer for the additional trip.

While I was at the DMV in Los Gatos I met a nice guy named RB who was there with his nice yellow 1973 6 conversion. I gave him the info to 914 World and hopefully he'll be joining us. He was from the Alamden Valley.

This was good news for the day.

The next step is going to figure out how to get a car minus the engine and trans off the current trailer it is blocked up on. It is about 4 feet off the ground and on blocks without wheels. I have access to two manual pallet lifts which can raise a pallet weighing 1000lbs about 8 feet in the air but I am nor sure if the base of the lifts will interfere with the wheels on the current trailer. I'll continue to work on that issue.

Here is a picture if the current trailer and what I am up against.

Chris Pincetich
smilie_pokal.gif Thanks for the story and info....sounds like you need to borrow a fork lift to get that tub off the trailer.....or build a rolling table/rotisserie onto the tub where it sits. Should be fun! beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Lets just round up about 6-8 914brutes and muscle it onto Mike trailer....

I am in... biggrin.gif
Trevorg7
Michael - If you need help let me know. We could always get a bunch of guys and lift it. Either way and or either place let me know.

T
neo914-6
Michael is the "king" of LE deals, it's going to good hands! biggrin.gif

Sorry can't help in the next week or so until my whiplash feels better... sad.gif
shoguneagle
I am glad you got the "creamcycle" and it is going to be appreciated. Best wishes in th resto project. Please keep us posted.

Steve Hurt
Michael N
So today I was able to go and pick up the car and get it home. It was a little harder than I thought it would be and now I am exhausted. The hoist I used weighed about 250 lbs each and had to be lifted on and off the trailer twice. I went with a friend and were able to get it up and off the trailer with out incident. I when I got the car home I was able to empty out the trunks etc which had alot of VW and 914 parts. From what I found in the trunks ir appears that the car was last on the road in 1986 or when postage was 22 cents. There were even 2 glass 16 oz Pepsi bottles in the front truck. I am exhausted so I'll post pic instead of writing.
Michael N
more
So.Cal.914
Wow, trunks, floor boards and body look good. What a score.
Michael N
The floor boards of both the passenger and drivers side were dented slightly due to the car being picked up by a forklift and set on the trailer I removed it from today. The battery tray and hell hole had a small hole rusted through but I've definately seen worse. I obviously did not pull the rocker panels off but from what I can touch and see the longs are in good shape. I did not want to deal with those slotted screws that hold the rockers on from underneath. The rust on the body was mostly surface rust from dents and dings but for some reason the hood was evenly rusted all around. You can see in the pics that it rusted at a different rate than the rest on the car
Porsche Rescue
My guess is that the hood has been repainted and the rest is factory. Repaint never holds up as well as the original. I have the same problem on my car. The hood was repainted and paint is peeling. Remainder of the body is original and in very good shape for 31 years.
Johny Blackstain
Any ideas yet as to what to do with her yet? Also, sticker on R side does not look right... I suspect more than the hood was repainted. How's the L side look? cool_shades.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 19 2007, 09:31 AM) *

Any ideas yet as to what to do with her yet? Also, sticker on R side does not look right... I suspect more than the hood was repainted. How's the L side look? cool_shades.gif

Not sure what I want to do with the car right now. I finished a 2 year restoration on my wifes bumblebee last June and am not sure that I am ready to do it again so soon. I brought the car over to the central valley today to my mom's house to store it until I decide. Good thing she has RV parking on the side of her house and no RV. biggrin.gif

Drivers side as requested.
Johny Blackstain
Amazing what you can do w/ a Genie lift. Hope I don't pester you too much, but as a fellow "sicler" I'm sure you can understand my curiosity/concern. Thanks for putting up w/ me & please keep us informed. cool_shades.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 19 2007, 09:31 AM) *

I noticed the same thing. but they seem consistant. Frt wraps but the back is short. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.