Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey krk! check out the M3 Progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
You right. It's not the Alien. But it's still cool..
rick 918-S
after...
krk
Dude,

Love to color! (somewhere in my youth I drove a plum purple '70 Demon) Dent looks a bit awkward, tho it's hard to tell from one pic -- you pulling to straighten? (man, there's phrase we don' t use out here too much laugh.gif) Progress pics would be cool!

kim.
krk
Ok. I type, and then you type. Otherwise it gets messy.

Second pic looks very nice tho.

kim.
Brad Roberts
That color from Chrysler was "Plum Crazy".

B
rick 918-S
Believe it or not the damage was caused by the car landing on top of a boulder. The drivers side floor pan was pushed up. And the quarter panel was bend out about 3". The buckles are from pressure. The door is latched in the before picture. gap was about 3/4". Clicks shut with one finger now.
krk
Whee -- I do stand corrected - but it was a cool color! (on that car, I learned that after you install new rear leaf springs (remember those?) to fit the G60s, you have to reconnect the brakes -- wheeeoooo, adrenalin is strong!)

It's an early '70s color -- prolly would suck on a 914 -- but it was part of the "wild color" groups that most car manufacturers were using. Revenna (sp) Green would fit too.... laugh.gif

kim!
rick 918-S
Color is Daytonaviolett Mettalic. It's applied over a black sealer for depth.
krk
Rich,

You didn't have to pull it? Did straightening (pounding/whatever) back on the floor pan supply enough pressure?

kim.
rick 918-S
I did a down pull at the same time as I pulled the panel back in from the passangers side. I have anchors in my garage. I set the car over one of the anchors under the left "B" pillar. I hooked a chain to the anchor then to a 3" wide strap. The strap went up across the rocker, inside the car, around the "B" pillar, through the passenger door, to a 10 ton ram. As I pulled the panel in, I was also pulling it down. I slid a few pry tools insde the panel and poped the damage out. Saved the factory panel with the door jamb serial number. Good days work I'd say.
redshift
Artful! Very nice.

M
Korijo
agree.gif Painted a cool pic in my head. Reminds me of my high rise construction days IPB Image
redshift
High-rise construction? YOU *ARE* CRAZY!~

I don't evn like going up elevators.

M
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 23 2003, 10:50 PM)
I did a down pull at the same time as I pulled the panel back in from the passangers side. I have anchors in my garage. I set the car over one of the anchors under the left "B" pillar. I hooked a chain to the anchor then to a 3" wide strap. The strap went up across the rocker, inside the car, around the "B" pillar, through the passenger door, to a 10 ton ram. As I pulled the panel in, I was also pulling it down. I slid a few pry tools insde the panel and poped the damage out. Saved the factory panel with the door jamb serial number. Good days work I'd say.

This makes perfect sense. (and is indeed a good day's work!) I am always surprised at how well the right moves in a body shop can make ugly damage "go away". It looks great from here!

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.