Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so sad- decent 914 at pick and pull today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott-thundercat
so sad. some places rust free. floor pan not! but no hell hole at all! battery relocated to trunk- got the speedo gear drive since mine went out . has a tail shift tranny- i thought mine was a tail shift till i saw this one! evidently someone converted mine over- which explains all the wierd bracketry that's missing on mine. also had a damn decent targa top- but it exceeded my budget as it cost 56 bucks- it's at the carson city nevada pick and pull- targa top i left inside. was orange colored. got a bunch of switches and figured out a bunch of crap wrong with mine cause of this one! got me some heater hoses so for the first time i didnt freeze tonight driving around!!! car still has a lot there- i think it's been out there since a little before halloween. engine and tranny still in it.
Scott-thundercat
by the way the dead one was made 02-1970 and it's vin is 4702903384
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Feb 19 2007, 11:46 PM) *

by the way the dead one was made 02-1970 and it's vin is 4702903384

SAY>>>>maybe someone can go in there and convince these guys to sell it whole, and save the little guy from a slow and "picky" death. With a salvage title...so what.

The DAPO. He should be drug out of his car, as we speak, tied to a lightpole, and all the neighborhood teeners, come by and turn their exhausts towards him. Gun their motors and peel forward blistering his sorry ass with the flotsam and jetsam on the roadway.

How dare he walk away from a perfectly wholesome body, and leave it for the vultures, ( not that you would be a vulture here, Thundercat ).

Kind of like watching someone mistreat a perfectly loving and wholesome significant other/love interest, then go skipping merrily away in pursuit of some modern day vixen, with a name like: Cobalt, S2000, or Miata, or HORRORS------ the mysterious siren with the recalcitrant ways and shifting moves. She goes not by name but by her initials, she is so slovenly.

S.U.V. stromberg.gif

mrgreenjeans

So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mrgreenjeans @ Feb 19 2007, 08:34 PM) *

The DAPO. He should be drug out of his car, as we speak, tied to a lightpole, and all the neighborhood teeners, come by and turn their exhausts towards him. Gun their motors and peel forward blistering his sorry ass with the flotsam and jetsam on the roadway.

How dare he walk away from a perfectly wholesome body, and leave it for the vultures, ( not that you would be a vulture here, Thundercat ).

Kind of like watching someone mistreat a perfectly loving and wholesome significant other/love interest, then go skipping merrily away in pursuit of some modern day vixen, with a name like: Cobalt, S2000, or Miata, or HORRORS------ the mysterious siren with the recalcitrant ways and shifting moves. She goes not by name but by her initials, she is so slovenly.

Well hell don't hold back say what you mean... av-943.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
vin 4702903384 corresponds with a number on the 914 vin # owners list huh.gif

Who determines, and when is the dreaded little red "x" assigned to this vin? The owner/forum member, or a trusted moderator? I think keeping the vin list current is an imperitive for this Forum site. I'd like to see more of the color codes posted as well, to see if a pattern emerges with regard to vin and color selections and also to determine the proportion of one color to another, i.e. was silver dominate in 1970 and white the least painted color?
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Feb 20 2007, 12:12 PM) *

Who determines, and when is the dreaded little red "x" assigned to this vin? The owner/forum member, or a trusted moderator? I think keeping the vin list current is an imperitive for this Forum site. I'd like to see more of the color codes posted as well, to see if a pattern emerges with regard to vin and color selections and also to determine the proportion of one color to another, i.e. was silver dominate in 1970 and white the least painted color?

Hey....that would be a cool read......I would love to know if that info could be compiled. And I would love even more to see my v.i.n. in there amongst the selections.
I would imagine it to be quite the visual experience to be standing on the factory floor sidelines, watching all the jelly beans going by..........."nostalgia, what an enchanting 'perfume' you are."

mrgreenjeans
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Feb 20 2007, 08:12 AM) *

Who determines, and when is the dreaded little red "x" assigned to this vin? The owner/forum member, or a trusted moderator?

currently, only the owner can edit the VIN information. i'm planning to add some more code so any admin can edit the info as well. that way, the admins can keep the list up to date, even if the owner does not frequent this site anymore ...

i added the "is dead" flag for the car in question ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;byYear=1970

type.gif Andy

PS: btw, you can sort by color too, that allows you to (crudely) investigate color use by year ...
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2007, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Feb 20 2007, 08:12 AM) *

Who determines, and when is the dreaded little red "x" assigned to this vin? The owner/forum member, or a trusted moderator?

currently, only the owner can edit the VIN information. i'm planning to add some more code so any admin can edit the info as well. that way, the admins can keep the list up to date, even if the owner does not frequent this site anymore ...

i added the "is dead" flag for the car in question ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;byYear=1970

type.gif Andy

PS: btw, you can sort by color too, that allows you to (crudely) investigate color use by year ...

Thank You for the current info and all your help. This is a very good page, and I spent about 2 hours just looking thru and checking things out.

Amazing that there are really so few listed. That is good for us that have survivors, but so very sad, the car was so disposable so many died off and aren't bringing owners pleasure any more...........they have now become rebar buried in new freeways, or found re-birth in .......horrors, a new Hyundai, or Suzuki. Glad mine is here sleeping another winter away, awaiting Spring and new drives to the lake country, instead of housing some Joe- six- packs beers in a Whirlpool appliance, thru re-incarnation.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.