Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How in the hell do i get that goddamn circlip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
it's dizzy rebuild time. never done this w/ the 914. does anyone have any advice on how to get that goddamn-little-bitty-itsy-bitty circlip out of the top of the distributor cam shaft? i've tried swearing. that didn't work.

i assume this is necessary in order to extract the weights down below.

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

thanks nathan
Brad Roberts
I'm pretty sure I use a very small flat blade screwdriver to pry it over.

For some reason.. I dont recall having to pull that piece out..

Why are you pulling the dizzy apart ?? I thought you had bad trigger points ??

Truelly rebuilding the dizzy requires shaft/bearing replacement.

B
nebreitling
yeah, i know i don't have to do this just to replace the FI points.

but after opening, it needs a thorough cleaning. the weights are still moving around nice and freely, but there's a bit of surface rust and corrosion. as long as i had it out, i thought i'd clean it up nice n purty. the bearings are still good (no side-to-side movement at all), so i wasn't going to go all the way.
just to 3rd base. cool.gif

i'm about to give up on this, though; i don't have a small enough tool to get the damn thing out... to tired to invent something.

re. the FI points, they don't look great, but they are opening and closing properly and making good electrical connections (checked continuity with my multi-meter). i'll still replace them, but now i'm dubious that this is the problem.

now i'm wondering if my problem isn't in the FI harness. confused24.gif

we'll see. i'll go ahead and FINALLY install that crane xr700 while i'm at it.

thanks brad, happy b-day again

n aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
The trigger points can work in your hand and not work at 2k RPM.

Thanks for the B-day wish. Thankfully it was uneventful besides the yelling from wife.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.