Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live chat with 914/6 GT racer Ralph Meaney!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
So.Cal.914
Thanks you guys that was cool.
rick 918-S
Family emergency. Just got home! had to miss it! mad.gif
Joe Bob
I gots to ask my wax question...then I had to go to dinner for a B-Ball banquet for the kids.....
Ralph M.
waxonwaxoff
Ralph M.
#1 daytona
Ralph M.
livin it
Ralph M.
go
sixnotfour
Thanks Ralph
Thanks to my support group of Chris Williams and Rich Dauenhauer
sixnotfour
Thanks Ralph , for sharing your photo's and newspaper clippings and factory comunications.......
Fun Stuff
So.Cal.914
Thanks again Ralph...
effutuo101
I hope everything is ok with the Family Rick.

Thanks again to Ralph for letting us see and hear about the history of our cars.
KELTY360
Man, that was off the charts! Loved the story about the F-car losing his bodywork. He lapped Peter Gregg 3 times in 8 hours? Gregg was driving a 911, right?

My favorite quote was, "I could pull a 427 cobra". Wouldn't you love to see that video?

Thanks to all who put this together...it was landmark stuff. Wonder if there's any chance of puget sound teeners getting a tour of his shop?
effutuo101
I couldn't type fast enough to catch the emotion or passion in his voice. It was really amazing to hear the story. Trully a "no shit and there I was" moment. Can you imagine driving along at 160 + mph haveing a F-car pass you slowly on the outside, then cut down in front of you and having the body work come off the car?
Holy crap! I need that picture. there has got to be one out there somewhere. I like the picture of the 916 with the guy standing in the back ground. look closely and tell me what he is doing standing there with his legs apart... chairfall.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 11 2007, 08:18 PM) *

I hope everything is ok with the Family Rick.

Thanks again to Ralph for letting us see and hear about the history of our cars.

Nothing like it sounds. My youngest son (the 12th grade musician aktion035.gif ) needed his van serviced. He's only here on weekends. He had to leave early this morning to go back to the Metro where he attends school during the week. He is in a new traveling band headquartered near his school and they had a photo shoot planned today for a CD cover and band practice. So we gave him our car to drive to the Metro. After the weekend repair shop finished we had to deliver his van 180 miles away. He has a gig in Chicago next weekend so we needed to trade vehicles today.

So the short story is he made it to band practice, the van got badly needed service, the exchange was made. He's ready to haul band equipment to Chacago next weekend and I got to miss the chat... Somehow that seems one sided.... Parenting can be taxing! dry.gif
sixnotfour
Glad all is good Rick
is this the exploding ferrari daytona 71
So.Cal.914
With all the 100 mph tape on it, it sure could be.
Gustl
QUOTE(Ralph M. @ Mar 12 2007, 04:37 AM) *

livin it

IPB Image

due to the time gap I wasn't able to join the chat sad.gif

does anybody have some info on this car?
VIN?
history?
where is it now?

wavey.gif Gustl
Dave_Darling
Any chance of a transcript getting posted? I showed up late and had to bail early...

--DD
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 12 2007, 05:24 AM) *

Any chance of a transcript getting posted? I showed up late and had to bail early...

--DD

yep! we are working on it. 42 pages of 'log's need to be cleaned up.
Dave_Darling
Schweet!! Thanks! smile.gif

--DD
Eric_Shea
If anyone has't backtracked in this thread to see Ralph's pictures... do so. They are priceless.

Thanks again Ralph, last night was great.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 12 2007, 12:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Ralph M. @ Mar 12 2007, 04:37 AM) *

livin it

IPB Image

due to the time gap I wasn't able to join the chat sad.gif

does anybody have some info on this car?
VIN?
history?
where is it now?

wavey.gif Gustl

I think he said it was a 914/4 he converted to a 6GT.
ejm
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2007, 12:00 PM) *

If anyone has't backtracked in this thread to see Ralph's pictures... do so. They are priceless.

agree.gif No doubt the best first posts anyone has made here
effutuo101
Aaron, thank you. like I said, typing when so many quesitons coming in was difficult. you will have to put together answers with the questions. If you need any help call me at 425.328.5788 and I should be able to fill in most of the gaps.
Chris
Rleog
Thanks for a great time, Ralph. It's refreshing to review how competitive the 914 was. Hearing your comments about being six seconds a lap faster than the Cobras, and of having the Penske 512 come apart at 150+ in front of you....whew!

It makes all of us proud to have such a heritage in the 914.

Earlier in this thread is a shot from the Daytona infield. Likely it's Donohue in the 512, two cars behind you. I prefer to think you went around him in the infield!!!

Thanks a bunch.
Eric_Shea
OK... was I the only one "floored" to find out a SWB 911 won GT2 (by 2 hours) in 1970??? ohmy.gif

confused24.gif

I see the pics now... there's the t-bar hole. Wow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.