Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CHAFF
Hi everyone,

Upon removing my rocker arms this weekend to replace the valve adjuster screws...I ended up with a problem. My new adjuster screws wouldn't fit. They were too big......did PP screw up when I ordered them?...or is something else going on???

The heads are 371A's....these are 2.0L heads right? Pic2

Comparison of the new adjuster(left) and the old one (right) Pic3. Old one is definitely 8mm

Is it possible that some DAPO..changed out the rocker arms for 1.7L Arms? and is it ok to run like this?

Thanks
-L
ws91420
The rockers could have been switched to the 1.7 rockers to allow the use of the 911 swivel adjuster which are smaller than the 2.0 ones
McMark
The fat ones are late adjusters. 8 mm x 1.25 is early, and more desireable. Order a set of 911 swivel foot adjusters and sand the bottom of the rocker down a bit. A nice upgrade.

Is there a reason you're replacing the adjusters? confused24.gif
CHAFF

These are definitely not 911 swivel adjusters.

These 8mm adjusters are worn out...lots of pitting etc. The valve side looks ok though.

-L

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 25 2007, 10:11 PM) *

The fat ones are late adjusters. 8 mm x 1.25 is early, and more desireable. Order a set of 911 swivel foot adjusters and sand the bottom of the rocker down a bit. A nice upgrade.

Is there a reason you're replacing the adjusters? confused24.gif

914Sixer
Early 73 2.0 had the 8mm adjusters. They did not last long before they went to the 10mm adjusters. It was only a partial year item. Get some 911 adjusters .
CHAFF
Will do, I didn't realize 73 was the cross-over year.

thx guys,
-L
Bleyseng
Also order a solid spacer kit for the rockers to go with the swivel feet. It keeps them centered right as the springs flex too much. idea.gif
StratPlayer
Is this what the setup looks like on the 911 swivel adjusters.
Jake Raby
ONLY 1.7 engines had the smaller 8mm adjusters, VW witched to the 10mm adjuster early in 73 with the 1.8L engine.

The adjuster pictured is from a Ford Courier engine.

I carry the REAL 911 adjusters and our line of solid spacers (that are fit to the engine to keep parts from clattering!) as well as all the other valve train components that we use in our engines...

every engine I build gets the 1.7L rockers and 911 adjusters with heavy duty chromoly rocker studs. One failure will eat your lunch!
StratPlayer
After reading this thread I decided to check the setup I have that came with the heads that I bought quite a while ago. The heads should be coming back to me any day now from Rimco. So from what I've been reading on this thread it looks like I might have a set of the 1.7 setup. I need it to be confirmed, I attached a pic of what I have.
CHAFF

Hey Jake, any chance I can order just the spacers from you? Sorry, already ordered the 911 adjusters from PP.

-L

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 26 2007, 10:42 AM) *

ONLY 1.7 engines had the smaller 8mm adjusters, VW witched to the 10mm adjuster early in 73 with the 1.8L engine.

I carry the REAL 911 adjusters and our line of solid spacers (that are fit to the engine to keep parts from clattering!) as well as all the other valve train components that we use in our engines...

every engine I build gets the 1.7L rockers and 911 adjusters with heavy duty chromoly rocker studs. One failure will eat your lunch!

CHAFF
Hey Jake, I was able to cancel my order with PP.

Does Part #: ECV0020 come with spacers? and what does this actually mean?

"Rockers MUST be slightly modified to use them (the rockers must be back-cut .060")"

Thanks,
-L

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 26 2007, 10:42 AM) *

r_towle
Hi,
Go to Jakes site, use his forum..its there to answer questions, get fast feedback..
He does not check all the forums all the time, but he checks his all the time...

Rich
davep
Check this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=66710
CHAFF

Excellent. Thanks Dave...much appreciated

QUOTE(davep @ Feb 26 2007, 04:41 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.