Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is the best deal for 40mm weber kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timecop369
Hi All,

Newbie question. I'm sure it's been asked before but I did use the search and couldn't find it.

I have a 1974 2.0L slant-nose. It was running last year and now it doesn't start. I think the ECU is dead... it's not sending a signal to my fuel pump (fuel pump works).

So I was thinking of putting dual weber 40mm complete kit into it and run a line from the key ignition directly to the fuel pump.

I am on a limited budget (under $500). Does anyone know where I can get dual weber or dellarto carbs for an affordable price, and still have some change for lunch?

Thanks in advance,

timecop369
FEF
I must hi-jack the thread.....

Where can I get some of those fenders and rear quarter panels? Sheetmetal? Fiberglass?

I love the look... Very sharp, indeed.

Sorry for the hi-jacking. huh.gif cool.gif
Brad Roberts
hey man.. nice car.

Lets fix the fuel pump issue. I'm betting its the relay or the fuse.

I'll be in San Jose Saturday and can look at it for a modest fee (6 pack of Pepsi)

Not sure if you know where the Egytpian Mueseum is near the Rose Garden.. but I will be in that general area.

B
Brad Roberts
I *think* Rayco still sells the kit. Its a little updated from his kit.. but not much.

When installed correctly.. they look nice. Most people dont install them correctly.

B
Brad Roberts
Cant say I never helped you..

Company: Rayco, Inc.

Comments: A re-body for the 914 Porsche.
Address: 1710 Delmar blvd.
St. Louis
MO
Phone 1: 314-+32-1321
Phone 2: , 314-741-7818
Fax: 314-621-1321
E-mail: n/a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: 986 Porsche 109

Kit: Yes

Turnkey: Yes

Donor: Porsche
Engine Options: Several options, stock to V8
Notes: Stock front and rear suspensions, stock chassis.
Influence: 914 Updated Re-body
Company Remarks:
sj914
Didn't that used to be called the Chalon body kit.
Brad Roberts
Correct.. Rayco made it.

B
sj914
I thought it was made by someone else.

As far as the webers, I had them on my previous car a '72. Unless you like tinkering with the idle settings every couple weeks I'd just go and try to fix the FI problem. Also converting to webers gets expensive. You have to change the cam if you want good performance and I don't think you can do it for 500.00 or less.
redshift
You can probably get your injection up to snuff to half as much as you want to spend.... probably.

M
timecop369
Wow, quick responses! I love this forum.

Yah, Brad, I found out about this forum through Felix. He recommended me to ask you how & where to get the best deals on the carbs.

It would be great if you have time to look at it this Sat. and give me suggestions or can troubleshoot it. Pepsi will be ice cold!

E-mail me at tc_truong72@yahoo.com and I'll give you my cell and the address where I park the 914 at. It's in East San Jose, by Eastridge Mall.

Yup, it's a Chalon body kit! I bought this car a little over a year ago w/ the kit and hard labor already done. And good thing is now a '74 DOES NOT require SMOG in CA so hence I was thinking of carbs.

timecop369
sj914
Near Eastridge. I thought I was the only one near the Eastside with a 914.

ps. Did you have to get it smoged when you first got it. Mines a '74 also and it I still haven't gone to the DMV to change the name on the pink slip.
Brad Roberts
Oh.. we forgot to "welcome" you to the BBS. clap56.gif

You can ask anything you want...

B
Mark Henry
Keep the FI if you can.

If you are sold on the carbs and plan on pumping it up in the future get the 44 Webers.
r_towle
Brad really needs to charge more for a "house call"

I Think a Case of cold ones at least....

Fix the fuel pump relay....

Brad will set you straight.

Rich
Brad Roberts
Ok. 100$

B
timecop369
Thanks for welcoming me GUYS!

Wow... looks like a unanimous vote on keeping the FI. Ok... I will probably stick with that then if I (Brad) can get it fixed...

Bascially... I don't know squat about 914s.

Yah... I was gonna put a six-pack of Corona's w/ the Pepsi in the cooler. smile.gif

Also, I had to get it smoged when I first got it in 2002. Check this site out to see if yours needs smog:

http://www.smogtips.com/need_inspection.html
or
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

Thanks Again!

timecop369
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.