Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket EFI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Seems to have all the bella and whistles to make race cars go.
http://www.racetep.com/acvwinj.html
My co driver is really wanting me to get one of these or some sort of EFI.

He doesn't know carbs but can tune EFI all day long.
blitZ
That's not a bad price including TB and injectors. Someone buy one and try it out.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(blitZ @ Feb 27 2007, 08:05 AM) *

That's not a bad price including TB and injectors. Someone buy one and try it out.

Someone in the business sponsor me and I'll try it out. If it is going to be worth a crap in real world / street Autocross with heavy use then I would be the one to be the test dummy.
Mark Henry
The red-line weber guy sometimes hangs out on the shoptalkforums on the FI forum.

They use a Pantera ECU, just want you to know they don't build their own ECU. It is their TB's but the rest is a package they put together to form a "kit".

check out this... http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewforum.php?...57cbefc7b198b5e

Don't forget the price of a WB meter.

yarin
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2007, 10:11 AM) *

The red-line weber guy sometimes hangs out on the shoptalkforums on the FI forum.

They use a Pantera ECU, just want you to know they don't build their own ECU. It is their TB's but the rest is a package they put together to form a "kit".

Innovative LC-1 WBO2. Compact, digital/analog programmable. Comes with sensor and bung. Can't beat it for $199.

I'd like to go either ITBs or build a custom manifold off weber bases with welded injector bungs and a custom fuel rail. I just don't trust injectors that are 35 years old. I'm sticking to my Megasquirt smile.gif $2300 aint bad for all that if you want a semi-plug 'n play start from scratch system. I chose to build it myself and learn about the guts of it all. Either or...
Mark Henry
Read everything here before you jump into PEFI, good info and easy to understand, no matter what system you end up with.

http://sdsefi.com/tech.html
Jake Raby
Used and tested it once...

I was so unhappy with it that I refused to even complete the dyno session and mandated the customer go to SDS.

The resolution of the system leaves much to be desired, the way it tunes is confusing and the instructions and wire harnass is a joke.

After testing 6 different ECUs and systems I keep coming back to SDS, even systems that cost 1200+ bucks MORE money don't work as well and have more guesswork and difficulty with tuning.

The more exotic the system, the more tuning effort it takes to tune..

I'll be adding Emerald, LINK and Autronic ECUs to this wall in the new dyno lab as permanent fixtures.. The twist of a multi position switch ends all the guesswork and puts everyone on the same ball field. There is no argument with back to back comparisons.

IPB Image

After putting 50K on my 912E with SDS and only tuning it once, my views are slightly impacted by direct experience- of course.

BTW- Mark I'd like to have you on my radio Show this week, email me at productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com

Joe Ricard
Point taken.
Hey Ya'll buy the rest of my extra 914 parts so I can get an SDS TWM EFI.
oh and I need some FOX racing shocks too.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Feb 27 2007, 12:48 PM) *

BTW- Mark I'd like to have you on my radio Show this week, email me at productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com

email sent beer.gif
ottox914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 26 2006, 04:57 AM) *

Nice. I guess hoser power per dollar is tough to eat huh? that better be one sweet running engine.

How the world turns... as good as your carbs likely are, the SDS is sweeter. Here's the thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=53733&st=0

Sell the carbs, keep the intakes, get or build some ITB's, run it all with SDS and never look back.

Mark hooked me up with the SDS, and Jake with the ITB's.
Mark Henry
I hate to harp on the SDS, I think it pisses some people off when I do, but it is the easiest system to use on the market. It may not have some of the bells and whistles of other systems, but on the older ACVW’s and Porsches it has everything you need and you don’t need a co-pilot, a dyno or an IT degree to program it. Most of issues (data logging, spreadsheets, etc.) people had with the system are history with the newest versions.

Every single person I’ve seen that doesn’t like this system has either never tried it or make a living programming the PC based systems. Carbs are not rocket science so why does a PEFI system have to be?
toon1
QUOTE(yarin @ Feb 27 2007, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 27 2007, 10:11 AM) *

Innovative LC-1 WBO2. Compact, digital/analog programmable. Comes with sensor and bung. Can't beat it for $199.

I'd like to go either ITBs or build a custom manifold off weber bases with welded injector bungs and a custom fuel rail. I just don't trust injectors that are 35 years old. I'm sticking to my Megasquirt smile.gif $2300 aint bad for all that if you want a semi-plug 'n play start from scratch system. I chose to build it myself and learn about the guts of it all. Either or...

I am working on a setup right now to use different(new) injectors. I am going to upgrade the system to 43.5 psi for better atomization. I have the injectors and the mods. to the stock system are minimal.They are high imp. injectors so it will be easy with MS, which I am installing this w/e.

There seem to be other options for injectors that would be almost a stock replacement that would give the possibility to run higher pressures.

the difference in atomization between the stock injectors and a newer style, higher press. injector is amazing. It's like a patio mister compared to a garden hose.

I will do a full write up on it when I'm done.

Keith

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.