Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
swood
$3.20 today....sheesh.
John
Why is it that it goes up in $0.10 increments, while it comes down in only $0.02 increments?

It finally went down $0.02 last week. $2.379/gal 87 octane in Kansas City

disclaimer
I'm not whining and I don't want any cheese.
Brando
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
^ is your friend...
John
QUOTE(Brando @ Mar 18 2007, 10:13 PM) *

http://www.gasbuddy.com/
^ is your friend...

I never heard of that. Now it is my homepage!
tabs914
It's called "Summer Blend" and it sucks...more expensive to produce and I don't know about you guys but my car doesn't like it. Been trying to troubleshoot a rough idle and finally concluded it is the gas there selling us...put some Lukas Octain Boost in there and the rough idle is gone. I had to adjust my idle back 500 rpm as well... idea.gif hmmmm?

Any experience with any of you?
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 1 2007, 09:53 AM) *

On the subject of electricity, I don't think it's as simple as most people believe.
The electricity must come from somewhere.
Within 10 miles of me there are 2 powerplants, Diablo Nuclear and Morro Bay's Duke energy plant.

My favorite part about Diablo is that us locals don't get ANY of its electricity. The valley or some place that gets really hot and sucks to live in gets it all! And further more, the efficiency of electricity running through those power lines is horrible. Are there any electrical guys on the board that can chime in here?

Oh well, I'm gonna go fill up at $3.14 & 9/10's regular dino blood and drive around aimlessly searching for some righteous waves... then come home and enjoy the fruits of electricity that keep my keg of New Belgium 2 Below cold, and the mugs up top frosty.

Cheers, Don. beerchug.gif
brer
stop complaining
its your fault.

rocking nana.gif
Porcharu
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Mar 19 2007, 11:00 AM) *

My favorite part about Diablo is that us locals don't get ANY of its electricity. The valley or some place that gets really hot and sucks to live in gets it all! And further more, the efficiency of electricity running through those power lines is horrible. Are there any electrical guys on the board that can chime in here?

It's worse than that - all of that power (at least at night) goes to pump water over the hill to LA. I used to live in SLO town and got to visit Diablo once - that road to the plant is a blast.

For the first time that I can remember Biodiesel is actually cheaper ($3.25) than Dinodiesel. Only cost me $130 to fill up my truck. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.