Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing the seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
I did an extensive search but this didn't come up...how do I remove the seats?
sj914
Move the seat forward and you'll see four bolts at the rear of the track. Unbolt those bolts and the seat will tilt forward and out.

You can also release the seats from the track without unbolting. When you slide the seat forward, look under the rail that doesn't have the adjuster and there's a stop you can press on and slide it all the way off.
G e o r g e
agree.gif

or sawzall-smiley.gif works to biggrin.gif
sj914
QUOTE(George H. @ Mar 6 2007, 07:50 AM) *

agree.gif

or sawzall-smiley.gif works to biggrin.gif

Thats exactly what I had to do on the passenger seat. Destroyed the whole thing seat and all. Some how coins were lodged in between the tracks and couldn't get them out no matter what I did. So out came the cutoff tools and some medievel butchering of the seat.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The "tech tips 700" says to slide the seat all of the way forward until is stops. then reach under the outboard bolster and feel for the tension spring clip under the track and lift up on it (you will have to slide the seat back just a bit) then while holding up the tension clip and the loop slide the seat completely out of the car. No need to unbolt anything!!!!!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 6 2007, 08:22 AM) *

The "tech tips 700" says to slide the seat all of the way forward until is stops. then reach under the outboard bolster and feel for the tension spring clip under the track and lift up on it (you will have to slide the seat back just a bit) then while holding up the tension clip and the loop slide the seat completely out of the car. No need to unbolt anything!!!!!

thats how i do them...
tdgray
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2007, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 6 2007, 08:22 AM) *

thats how i do them...

That's because your special AA huh.gif
Rusty
That seems to be the method I use, too. But I've noticed that after many years, those seat tracks are pretty gummed up.

I have a big waxy stick (like zipper lubricant) that I use after I clean up the tracks. It makes everything slide nicely, and isn't as messy as grease.
markb
Something like door ease?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.