Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
The PO of my car took it for a drive without tightening the lug bolts on the rear, he dorked up the bolts and the threads, I have a spare rear swingarm, but I cannot figure out how to get the hub off, I feel kind of stupid asking, but sometimes your brain locks...need beer! beer3.gif In the pic it is the part that the bolts thread into. Would I be better off replacing the entire arm?
Joe Bob
Flip it over....you'll see the wheel bearing and the other end of the hub.....use either a press or a suitable tool to drive both of them out.....
1bad914
I went back out and looked at the damage that the PO had done. Two of the bolts were in normally, the other two were partialy in and cocked. About 1/2 of the threads on the bad holes were good, I tapped those holes from the back side and cleaned the other holes out. Once I was done all four went in by hand and torqued down just fine. Man I love it when a bad things ends up easy to repair, it does not happen often! beer.gif
Crazyhippy
Keep an eye on those lug bolts...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.