Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: needle bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brp914
1. how many 0.090" thrust races are needed? seems to me you need 4 per A-arm. I have 4 total.

2. how do you seal the A-arms against dirt/water ingress?
skline
If this is for your suspension, you need two per side and then you put the washer and O-ring on and seal it with silicone. Did you read the directions? poke.gif
db9146
There are instructions? I purchased some remaining components from someone who used to make them and sell them on the board but I never got any instructions.
Twystd1
Scott... hows the new car doing????

Is Brando there yet???

C
brp914
If this is for your suspension, you need two per side and then you put the washer and O-ring on and seal it with silicone. Did you read the directions?

the instructions say put on a washer, then a thrust bearing, then another washer (without saying whether this is the front or rear of the A-arm). ok, fine. but I have 4 thrust bearings and 4 thrust washers. So I have 2 too many bearings, or 4 too few washers. also, no orings.
skline
I sent you a PM.

I have a PDF file with the instructions on how to put them in. smile.gif
skline
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Mar 11 2007, 07:05 PM) *

Scott... hows the new car doing????

Is Brando there yet???

C

Whats up Clayton? The car is coming along as good as can be so far. Lots of work to do in all aspects. Brandon came and left in a blink. We were just getting ready to eat dinner so he didnt stay long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.