Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 6 vs 911 oil cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
I have 911 and 914 6 oil coolers. I'm curious what the conversion guys do to make the 911 cooler work? Different oil lines? Modify the cooler?
seanery
Richard Clewett did mine: 2.7 pics

IPB Image
scotty
That looks interesting...

...I just cut and put in a 90 degreee bend in mine (pointing the other way, if the oil line connects to the blue fitting there)

Nice engine!
steve@ottosvenice.com
I have one at my desk. I will take a photo of it. steve
campbellcj
I had Ottos convert a 911 cooler, which is the way a lot of conversion guys go.
seanery
blue fitting is for changing the oil. Oil line connects to the other end.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Nov 28 2003, 09:41 AM)
I have 911 and 914 6 oil coolers. I'm curious what the conversion guys do to make the 911 cooler work? Different oil lines? Modify the cooler?

i assume you're talking about the 90deg corner in the 914/6 line as opposed to the straight line in the 911. we had 911 coolers fitted with a 90deg knee in the past. it worked but it's a tight fit, depending on what size oil-line you want to run.

Andy
scotty
blue fitting is for changing the oil. Oil line connects to the other end

Slick! So it's kind of a "T" fitting...really cool idea. Beats hell out of splitting the oil line. Next time I've got mine off, I'll have to go that route...again, slick! smilie_pokal.gif
meursault
I do kinda like the "t" fitting idea. I tried to go as stock as possible. Sent an early threaded 911 cooler with a bent piece of aluminum pipe and a 914-6 cooler as a model to a a buddy who could weld aluminum. Here's what it ended up like. Nevermind the kinked hose; I hadn't fit everything up properly yet.
Mike D.
I like the T idea. Mine just has a 90 degree fitting welded to it. I didn't do it, don't know who did, Brad mayby, it just came this way.

-Mike D.
Joe Bob
On my 3.0 conversion, I cut an elbow from a preformed radiator hose and use BF hose clamps on each end.
Eric_Shea
Curious...

When doing a 6 with a GT front cooler would there be any different mod to the cooler or would that be handled with a thermostat in the line?
Joe Bob
The mod is needed because the line coming off the cooler would hit the trailing arm. The front cooler line can be cut in on the passenger side and then plumbed along the passenger rocker panel or under neath or thru the body for the front mounted GT cooler....depending on taste.
Brad Roberts
Yep. The Clewitt setup is the way to go if you dont need a bone stock setup.

GPR/Otto's/PP

90% of the part places sell Clewitts setup.

B
Gint
Brad Roberts Posted on Nov 29 2003, 10:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep. The Clewitt setup is the way to go if you dont need a bone stock setup.

GPR/Otto's/PP

90% of the part places sell Clewitts setup.

Got pics?
seanery
see pic above.
Gint
seanery Posted on Nov 29 2003, 08:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
see pic above.

Can you be a little more specific? There are 3 different pics in this thread.
seanery
the one i posted that says "Richard Clewett did mine" LOL!
Gint
D'oh! Caught me not givin 100% attention again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.