Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: What did your parents drive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 21 2007, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 19 2007, 06:40 PM) *

What did you parents drive?

you tell me ...

that's me in my dad's car. i have no clue what it is and he isn't around so i can't ask him ...
idea.gif Andy

Sir Andy,
That car looks eerily like a 1958 Opel Olympia Rekord. yellowsleep[1].gif
Howie's 914
My father had a 1970 914 that he traded in for a 71 911 and then had two vette's before getting into the cadie phase. He makes fun of me for getting a 914 but I love it..
merrill
My dad's fun cars were 1926 Ford depot hack, 1927 Ford pick up, 1932 Ford model A with rumble seat. He now has a 1967 Mustang with vinyl roof. His non fun cars were Chevy citation "ticket to hell", Pinto wagon, Subaru 2 door. His tastes were eclectic at best.
73Phoenix20
The Original Hotrodder...

1951 Oldsmobile Super 88... big honkin' overhead valve V8, with, like 150 hp, but... big for it's day! Fastest stock car at Daytona that year...
1959 Galaxie 500, with the 352... another big honkin' worthless V8...sold it the month after I got my drivers license and nearly scared my mother to death trying to drift the rear end around a curve, just like all the Good Ol' Boys on the dirt tracks! The Galaxie did not know the meaning of the word "Drift", but it rolled like the Titanic on it's death dive...
He decided we needed to Go Small, and started with a '66 VW Fastback, which morphed into a '68 Fastback (w/ EFI), and a '66 VW Double Cab Pickup (yeah, it's as ugly as it sounds), and then a 1969 Fastback (fully automatic! think verrry slooooow). I left home shortly thereafter and bought a 1968 911L, and a 1972 Capri 2600 V6 4spd, which showed it's ass to quite a few BMW 2002's after a bit of carb work. That turned into my first 1973 914 2.0, and the rest, as they say, is history!
Pat Garvey
Great responses - all of them!

Looks like a mix of moto genes - some inherited, some morphed. Just goes to show that most 914 people (hate the term "teener") got into these things for some reason of their own.

If my father were around when I bought the 914 in '72, he probably would have disowned me. "Jezzus Pat, it's only 4 cylinders and a third the size of a decent V-8" would have been about what he'd say. By now, I think he'd have understood.

What the hell will the next generations collect?
sww914
VW powered sandrail, motorcycles in the desert.
Dodge pickup while drunk driving.
jwalters
biggrin.gif Ma and pa drove the venerable 1971 Oldsmobile Delta 88 four (4) door with the rocket 455 HO...

It had a matterhorn white body and green vinyl top...

Bitch would smoke the bias tires to nothingness in 5 flat....

Pa is bipolar,,,, and took me for many rides while in a highly pissed-off state of mind.....I know from experience that this bad ass ride would unleash unreal whup-ass

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.