Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Druk or Luft?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daveyboybadion
I have a 1.7 D-jet that needs work. I just bought a 1.8 L-jet to drop in for the time being. Is it desirable or even practical to modify the 1.8 to use the D-jet. In the same vein, I have also have a CIS 928 that I bought a 4 cam elctronically injected engine for, just because I will be able to tune it with a laptop. I'm not a big fan of that air meter thang. confused24.gif
bd1308
I like L-Jet, but im goign to Megasquirt. Make VERY VERY sure its for a 1.8 L -jet on a 914.....
davep
L-jet is supposed to be technically better, and is the newer design. Just be sure the system is healthy.
bd1308
In all reality, D-jet is a very good system for the time. I would prefer a 100% working system over anything else--BUT parts are getting really hard to find and are getting expensive.

That was what made L-Jet attractive. I chose (poorly) to make a 2.0L Bus L-jet system work on my 914 1.7L engine. After its warmed up, the part throttle is great, WOT is good but rich.....

Cant lean out WOT far enough and still allow for decent mix at part throttle, although I think I can adjust the wiper position.

But Megasquirt is great for its customizability.
Bleyseng
Inside the AFM is the large toothed wheel just turn it counterclock wise one notch and see how much it changes the mix.
pbanders
Both the D-Jet and L-Jet systems on the 914 have there plusses and minuses. Regardless, both systems are suffering from an increasing lack of replacement, wearable parts, and ever-increasing expense. Inexpensive aftermarket injection such as Megasquirt is getting more attractive every day.
bd1308
Please PLEASE dont adjust that toothed wheel

there is a screw in the wiper area, adjust that but very slightly.

figure about 5-7% more or less per tooth. and around 1-3% with each turn of that idle adjust screw
Brando
Britt, the proper way to adjust the wiper is both methods. The screw is a fine adjustment, the gear teeth is the coarse adjustment. Every AFS is supposed to be calibrated to the engine it is on. When setting proper mixture it's best to have a flexible gas analyzer or LM1 O2 sensor to know what mixture you have attained. The idle screw is just for idle.
bd1308
I just dont encourage anyone to do what I did.

Its good, but not great after several months of tuning
Brando
When you try to get a few AFC 914s and motronic 911s/944s to pass smog sometimes if the car has been 'tweaked' with before, it may be necessary to make coarse and fine adjustments to the air flow sensor to obtain proper mixture...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.