Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dellorto or webbers for EP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
GCR says only solex, weber 40 IDF, or dellorto 40 allowed in EP. I remember something about the del 40's being equal to the weber 44's. So should I go with the del's or stick with the more common webbers.

Also, are parts available for the dels?

engine size is limited to 2.0.

thanks,
dr
Joe Bob
Dell's are getting harder to find parts for....I'd stay with the Webers. I never liked Solexes.
bam914
The Solex's will make much more power then the Del's or the Weber's. The opening on the Solex's are 44mm w/ 40mm throttle plate. The others are about 38mm at the top. I had Solex's on my 1.8 EP( when it was still in EP) and never had a problem. They are for sale with my 1.8 engine with exhaust. It is in the race parts section.

Blake M.
ChrisFoley
It is legal to modify the Webers in such a way that they are equal to the Solex's. I have done this on my own Weber carbs. They flow just fine. Without the mods, the biggest usable chokes are 34mm. After modifying them 38mm chokes will work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.