Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cold start valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
ok I am installing a replacement engine and going over the engine before I plop her in the teener and low an behold the fuel line to the cold start valve has been cut and I can't find an open spot for the line to go to ?! please help ...2.0L d jet
Bleyseng
look at this pic
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 21 2007, 09:10 AM) *

look at this pic

I can't tell where it leadfs to.. but it looks like there is a line going to the top of the fuel rail... it thought that was for pressure testing ?!
Bleyseng
The side with the FP has the rail with three outlets, battery side gets the one with the plug.
The center outlet goes to the cold start valve.
sk8kat1
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 21 2007, 09:31 AM) *

The side with the FP has the rail with three outlets, battery side gets the one with the plug.
The center outlet goes to the cold start valve.

both my rails are the same?!
Bleyseng
If one has the screw in it, take it out and run the CSV line from it. w00t.gif
sk8kat1
fuel pressure reg side..
jasons
They are the same. Which ever one you use on the pass. side is hard to access because of the MPS. To test fuel pressure, you just disconnect the cold start line and put your pressure gauge on.

sk8kat1
well ok then... biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
so will the engine will still run properly even witk out the cold start valve .. except at first start ... right?!
Rand
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 21 2007, 10:27 AM) *

so will the engine will still run properly even witk out the cold start valve .. except at first start ... right?!

Yes. And even first start. It doesn't do anything at all unless it's truly cold (below 40 anyway). I don't have a CSV any more and my car starts fine at freezing temps.
sk8kat1
sweet!!! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.