Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding horsepower while keeping it stock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jake Raby
Since it's OK to brag about working on aircraft and jet engines, I figured I'd post this pic..

IPB Image

I let my A&P certification go so I could work on old VW engines full time..

IPB Image
street legal go-kart
Just a quick note,
Mr Walters does currently hold a vaild a&p cert. a valid pilots cert. as well as own the aircraft he posted a pic of.

JT
Bleyseng
ok, thats great! clap56.gif
SteveL
Quick question -

I just read thorugh this thread. Earlier, jwalters says he has been a turbine mechanic for oer 20 years, and more recently says he is 35. Can this be correct? It would mean that he was a turbine mechanic by age 15.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(SteveL @ Mar 26 2007, 12:45 PM) *

Quick question -

I just read thorugh this thread. Earlier, jwalters says he has been a turbine mechanic for oer 20 years, and more recently says he is 35. Can this be correct? It would mean that he was a turbine mechanic by age 15.

I was by age 18 and you paid for it!
:-)

The point I was making is the fact that working on Turbine engines and the engines that are chatted about here have nothing in common. I know this first hand.
street legal go-kart
A&P since 7/19/2002 according to the FAA.
Thats 5 years.....

JT
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jwalters @ Mar 25 2007, 01:28 PM) *

One fella on here, who I have said nothing to, is clearly hot headed, why? I don't know, probably Bi-polar or something. Another was mean, then meaner, then after I apologized calmed down a little, then went right back to being a stromberg.gif. Another fella who I have never said any unkind words to or about - chimes in and in a not-so-subtle way blasts I am a liar - and my 'math' makes no sense- and he doesn't even know me!!! , or anything about the proceduer of apprenticeship training to become FAA certified -!!!

I wasn't calling you a liar Jay, only pointing out that you have a propensity for exageration. I know the FAA isn't going to certify you to work on aircraft parts when you are 15 so you couldn't have been a jet turbine mechanic for more than 20 years but it may be safe to say you have been working on turbines for more than 20 years. When you stretch the truth repeatedly people start to doubt everything you say.
There's really no reason for you to assume that expressing our doubts amounts to a personal attack on you, but your replies were pretty clearly intended as attacks. No one is being mean to you - this is only the internet - we are not your enemies.

In an earlier post you suggested that my exhaust systems were EXPONENTIALLY more expensive than your favorite Kerry Hunter Headers. What exponent would that be? slap.gif

Good luck with that Bede5. I hear they're dangerous, with a reputation of being a man killer.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ Mar 26 2007, 04:08 PM) *

A&P since 7/19/2002 according to the FAA.
Thats 5 years.....

JT

That is almost an EXPONENTIAL difference. laugh.gif
jgara962
He's probably going to come back on and make 25 separate posts to reply to everyone blink.gif

laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
I still say I am faster than him.
at least my claim has been consistant through out this thread.

If I post it long enough will people believe in me????????????

I crack me up.
Jake Raby
In an earlier post you suggested that my exhaust systems were EXPONENTIALLY more expensive than your favorite Kerry Hunter Headers

There is a damn good reason for that! The Kerry Hundter has no stub pipes and I have personally seen a 23 HP gain on the same engine between the Kerry Hunter and Chris' header in back to back runs on a 185HP engine. The Kerry Hunter is done at 145 HP- period.

I dare anyone to argue with this data. Lets play.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 26 2007, 02:38 PM) *

I crack me up.

If you are that fast, how come your co-driver is quicker?

bye1.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2007, 05:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 26 2007, 02:38 PM) *

I crack me up.

If you are that fast, how come your co-driver is quicker?

bye1.gif

Bite me Geoff
But I am catching him.
street legal go-kart
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Mar 26 2007, 01:29 PM) *

He's probably going to come back on and make 25 separate posts to reply to everyone blink.gif

laugh.gif

Alphie's long lost brother?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.