Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Panel re-build?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I am having a local upholstery shop re cover my seats and door panels. Since my old panels have paperboard that has deteriorated over the last 34 years, I was going to re make the base board, following the description on here by Aaron Cox, and then have them covered in the same material as the seats. However, minor problem. My panels do not have the top metal strip. They just have the paperboard formed into the top curve. I remember seeing someone selling base panels to re-cover here. I think it was Morph, but I couldn't get his store site to open- it just said "coming' or something like that.

Does anyone know the source for these, and if they would suffice for the type of panels I have that don't have the top metal piece?

Thanks a lot. I have really gotten a lot of information from this board.

Joe O.

Aaron Cox
morph makes the panels in FG.....

good way to go if you can salvage an early pair of panels.
jwalters
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 22 2007, 12:46 AM) *

morph makes the panels in FG.....

good way to go if you can salvage an early pair of panels.

I agree with Aaron here - I have never heard nothing bad about Morph -n- Spectra products. Hell, I have about 20 of them in my teener.

But before M&S came out with this product, I used moisture resistant LUAN plywood ( Home labyrinth, Lowes, etc.) and used my original panels overlayed with the LUAN and traced out the original outline.

I then cut the LUAN and drilled the necessary hole and then sprayed with interior cement, and covered in black carpet.

I love them and all for only 24.99.....................plus my time......

excuse any mis-spellinmgs here, I am intoxicated...................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.