Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my heat exchangers are shot, do I need them....??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Ok, I dropped my motor last night..nightmare, well my exhaust is garbage basically, the muffler has one nasty crack/hole in it and the tin for the exhangers is rusted through, and basically serves no purpose. I am not running heat, so could I cut it off and just run the headers? Or are they there to dissipate heat also? If I can toss them, what other of the heat ducting slash air flow crap can I toss? I will be using this exhaust/muffler for a short time till my bonus comes in...then Tangerine header and webcam 86a....Thank you, any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif
Qarl
Run the headers.

You can dump the heater flapper boxes and flexible piping that connect from the exchangers to lower corners of the engine compartment (underneath the battery tray and the opposite side.

You can ditch the blower motor in the engine compartment and the hose(s) that connect to the heat ducts in the corners on top of the engine.

Tangeringe headers....mmmmm.... nice!
DrifterJay
thanx kellzey already cutting...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.