Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing engine mount bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
Is replacing the engine mount bar difficult or are there any hidden pitfalls? I have a bus bar on mine and the engine/ tranny is not quite lined up perfectly.
Thanks,
Konrad beer.gif
rhodyguy
pretty simple. back of car in the air, support the front of the engine, remove the 2 inboard fasteners (on the middle bottom of the bar), liberally spray the outboard fasteners with a GOOD penetrant, and take them off. replace the bar with the one for the correct application.

k
r_towle
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 24 2007, 01:22 PM) *

pretty simple. back of car in the air, support the front of the engine, remove the 2 inboard fasteners (on the middle bottom of the bar), liberally spray the outboard fasteners with a GOOD penetrant, and take them off. replace the bar with the one for the correct application.

k

Add one point...hold up engine while working.
Cap'n Krusty
...............and remember you have to replace the bracket(s) bolted to the case ........ The Cap'n
rhodyguy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 24 2007, 09:22 AM) *

k
krazykonrad
Thanks for the advice! should I support the front of the engine or the whole thing? Where should I put the jack? Sorry for all the dumb questions, I just want to keep from ending up squished, or worse yet, screwing something up.
THanks again,
Konrad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.