Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much Curil K2 goop goes on case halves?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike373
Ok.... getting to the stage of actually putting stuff back together. How much Curil goop goes on the case halves.... and what should it be applied with? Also.... What should I use to seal the threads on the cylinder studs when I put them back in?? I have Loctite 565 PST for the case plugs... is that the same as standard Loctite 565??? Or did I buy the wrong stuff?

Thanks,
Mike
blitZ
I put a pretty thick bead on both halves and spread it with my finger. I used Permatex thread sealer, IIRC, I think that is what Jake's video suggested.
So.Cal.914
It depends on who you talk to, I clean the mateing surfaces where I would eat off

of them, then I apply a thin even coat of sealer on one side only.
Allan
I didn't even know about the Curil goop when I rebuilt my motor and used Permatex 3M.

Granted, this was the original Jake video but, it held well and the only leak I had after 1000 miles was the tranny...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Headrage @ Mar 30 2007, 05:56 PM) *

I didn't even know about the Curil goop when I rebuilt my motor and used Permatex 3M.

Granted, this was the original Jake video but, it held well and the only leak I had after 1000 miles was the tranny...

agree.gif

i used permatex 3h aviation sealant also... no leaks yet. 40k on the clock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.