Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater for Water cooled 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
BRAVE_HELIOS
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 8 2014, 03:45 PM) *

Sorry, I didn't see the question. Yes, in theory you should be able to flow a heater core from the inlet and outlet of the radiator. Flow will vary based on things like hose size, port resistance, parasitic drag, pressure differential, etc... But it should work. If you can find a Y fitting and point it the right direction (with flow) it should work better.

Like this...
IPB Image

Thanks. I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes. What's the worst that can happen... no heat? Already there!
BRAVE_HELIOS
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 8 2014, 03:45 PM) *

Sorry, I didn't see the question. Yes, in theory you should be able to flow a heater core from the inlet and outlet of the radiator. Flow will vary based on things like hose size, port resistance, parasitic drag, pressure differential, etc... But it should work. If you can find a Y fitting and point it the right direction (with flow) it should work better.

Like this...
IPB Image

This might be a silly question but if I design the system so the heater core coolant T's off the radiator inlet and radiator outlet hoses; how does the coolant know to enter the heater core from the radiator inlet T and exit into the radiator outlet T. Or do I have that reversed? Or do I "T" in and out of the radiator's inlet hose? This is confusing!
Mike Bellis
Pressure differential. it will flow. This is where angle, T size and internal resistance come into play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.