Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How fast do you think it'll be?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jake Raby
Yeah, it's always easy to fill in blanks- I just can't post actual numbers...

But if you just do the math based on the increments your projection will not be totally correct :-)
Twystd1
I was doing some calcs with one of my 1/4 mile sim programs.

Lets see....

Bout 1400 LBs. (wild guess)
1/4 mile gears.
Bout 250 HP NA. And bout 200 TQ MAX NA
Add 100 shot of HP and 90lbs of TQ in third gear. Maybe second.

Now make some shit up about another 37 parameters....

Try to guess right or close on everything from Front end Coefficient of drag to tire size, gear ratios, clutch and tire slip and on and on.....
(just guessing folks)

Me thinks we need a betting pool on ETs and Trap speed. All Bucks to a non profit of our choice. And buy Jakes gas for the trip.....

Clayton
DBCooper
So when do we get to see the heads?
Jake Raby
I'm just waiting on permission from the production company and Rich.....

Probably not until after the show recording, more than likely. I will say that these are NOT heads that we have developed, rather some used heads that I picked up several years ago for comparison sakes. They were used, available and worked well so I used them.... Plus I don't care if they end up scattered all over Iowa!
Matt Romanowski
If you really want to figure it out, you can just calculate it using the torque numbers. 244 ponies isn't too shabby...
Jake Raby
Yeah... It's not too bad- it's actually exactly what I had calculated through simulation..

The cam only has around .500 lift and the heads continue to flow to .650!

It's built for Nitrous, so "All Motor" we won't make as much as normal... If NOS wasn't mandated we would have had 10.5:1 CR, a totally different cam and a lot of other changes.
Jake Raby
Here is the final draft of the T shirt front design, this will be small and arranged on the pocket area of the shirt...

It's bitchin!
Click to view attachment
type11969
Nice!
Tobra
So is that you with the wrench?
sjhowitson
I may have missed something, but is this car for PINKS?
DBCooper
QUOTE(sjhowitson @ Apr 20 2007, 12:27 PM) *

I may have missed something, but is this car for PINKS?

No.

Read about the eigth post on page one.
Jake Raby
It's a brand new show!!! we'll be on one of the first episodes...

download 4th Dimensio Radio later today for a full 75 minutes opf info on the show, car build and etc, the whole show is about "Blow it up!".
So.Cal.914
I haven't heard anything new about your work with roller cams, how is that going,

are you useing one in this engine?
Jake Raby
No, there is not a roller cam in this engine, only tried and true, flly developed parts with plenty of run time on them....
the entuire engine is used except the cam, lifters, bearings and rods... even the rings are used from a previous test engine!

Roller cam development is ongoing, it will take the rest f this year to get it to an acceptable point for inclusion on a select few engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.