Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bye bye tax refund
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
So instead of my normal refund frivolity of paying off credit cards...or buying tool for werk....I did something sensible this year and bought a "blown" 3.0 SC engine blink.gif Now the 2.7 longblock I had planned on putting in the teener will probably go in the 911; if I ever get around to THAT project headbang.gif Story is the guy asked his daughter to take it for a drive and change the oil. Jiffy Lube got that job dry.gif Apparently the "oil tech" over filled it, upon startup the engine hydrolocked and according to the P.O. " broke a perfect half circle off of the top of one connecting rod". I haven't done anything yet and probably won't for another year or so BUT it does turn over by hand just fine and has great compression so I DOUBT that it broke the top of the rod off. I did pop the drain cover and found a piece of something that does not resemble connecting rod. Has me really curious but I must not start on anything else ......yet blink.gif
scotty b
The current plan is to build up to a 3.2 with EFI. Anyone used aftermarket EFI on a 6er? What make? Happy? I'm looking in the neighborhood of 250-280 H.P.
scotty b
Just for your fodder I sandblasted and powder coated a set of old school Crager mags for a sandrail I'm werking on. They look pretty badass aktion035.gif
effutuo101
I want to go EFI in the future as well. Maybe a new topic?
scotty b
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 12 2007, 02:48 PM) *

I want to go EFI in the future as well. Maybe a new topic?

Here is one company that sells a kit. Their kit uses megasquirt and is priced at 1700.00 But what I am looking for is a kit that resembles a set of carbs with the injectors at the base of the "carb" body. I know I have seen it before I can't remember who makes it. I want ht eengine to be as much of a showpiece as the car is, not coverd up with ducting and hoses dry.gif

http://www.bitzracing.com/products/Complete_kit/index.html
Eric_Shea
What number is it? 930/??
scotty b

930/07
TimT
Anyone used aftermarket EFI on a 6er

Yeap!!!! we have done a bunch of EFI installs on /6s from 2.7 NA to 3.8 twin turbo supercup engines. We've installed Haltech,Motec, Link, Electromotive, and SDS systems. From a 375 HP 3.4 to an over 800 HP 3.8..
Eric_Shea
930/07

Nice. Same one I have. I like it because it has the smaller 34mm intake ports. The others had 39 and I wanted to have a streetable 3.0 MFI motor with S-Cams. The factory never used anything over 36mm with S-cams (41mm with 906 cams).

I'm going to have mine milled out to 36mm and have the MFI ports added. "woohoo:
GS Guy
Might be thinking ablout Clewett Engineering?
http://www.clewett.com/
scotty b
QUOTE(TimT @ Apr 12 2007, 05:55 PM) *

Anyone used aftermarket EFI on a 6er

Yeap!!!! we have done a bunch of EFI installs on /6s from 2.7 NA to 3.8 twin turbo supercup engines. We've installed Haltech,Motec, Link, Electromotive, and SDS systems. From a 375 HP 3.4 to an over 800 HP 3.8..

Based on my plans and "visual" desires which would you recommend? Or are they all dependable and werkable?

YES the Clewett setup is either what I was remembering or very close to it!
scotty b
I think I'm getting closer to it now. I found this link on the Clewett site. Lookiong ALOT closer to what I'm remembering. aktion035.gif

http://www.twminduction.com/ThrottleBody/T...ody2900-FR.html

Tim are you familiar with this setup? Coupled with an electromotive unit?
scotty b
O.K. so that is DEFINITELY what I am remembering. A Googling got me some more gooder pics smile.gif
TimT
I have those TWM throttle bodies on my 911, they are the 3003 series.

We have also built some cars using the 3006 series throttle bodies. One was a 3.4L with 375 hp using Electromotive Tec1. We now have a Mercedes 190 that we are installing 2900 throttle bodies on, and will use Haltech E11V2 for engine controll.

Though we made alot of HP on the 3.4 using Electromotive Tec1, I wouldn't recommend that ECU to anyone...If you already have one, it will work but is a pain in the coconuts to set up and tune..
TimT
mine

scotty b
Nice smile.gif So what's the info on YOUR engine? popcorn[1].gif

What is the difference between the 3003 & 3006?
TimT
the 3003 are Weber replacements.. they will sit on top of stock Weber manifolds. The 3006 are 6 individual throttle bodies.. and each sits on its own lil manifold.

The 3006 series is a tad more difficult to set up since you have 6 butterflies to synchronize. Supposedly the straight shot make more power compared to the Weber style where the barrels dont line up perfectly

My engine is a trick 2.2L it puts out about 200 hp in its current state of tune, and the car (911) it powers weighs 1846#
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.