Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bye bye tax refund, Hellloooooo 3.0 SC
scotty b
post Apr 12 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

So instead of my normal refund frivolity of paying off credit cards...or buying tool for werk....I did something sensible this year and bought a "blown" 3.0 SC engine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Now the 2.7 longblock I had planned on putting in the teener will probably go in the 911; if I ever get around to THAT project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Story is the guy asked his daughter to take it for a drive and change the oil. Jiffy Lube got that job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Apparently the "oil tech" over filled it, upon startup the engine hydrolocked and according to the P.O. " broke a perfect half circle off of the top of one connecting rod". I haven't done anything yet and probably won't for another year or so BUT it does turn over by hand just fine and has great compression so I DOUBT that it broke the top of the rod off. I did pop the drain cover and found a piece of something that does not resemble connecting rod. Has me really curious but I must not start on anything else ......yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 11:33 AM