Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Flares: Another Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
daveyboybadion
cheer.gif Elation........then disappointment sad.gif Got home from work this morning to find my flares waiting for me, pretty easy to guess what was in the box just from its size and shape. Noticed a medium sized hole punched in the side of the box, my fears confirmed upon opening. I found 2 good sized dents in one of the rear flares. Looks like some over zealous forklift driver backed into them. Called and spoke with Mia at AA and to their credit they are sending the FedEx guy tomorrow to pick up the bent flare along with the whole order. I'm assuming they will ship the replacements upon receipt of the damaged one. I'm a long way from body work so ultimately no big deal, but still a minor PITA. I must be truly smitten, I could have bought a really nice restored model for what I've spent so far, and a lot less tribulation than what I've experienced. But I've never taken the easy path, why start now?...daveyboy
Chuck
QUOTE(daveyboybadion @ Sep 19 2007, 05:22 PM) *

cheer.gif Elation........then disappointment sad.gif Got home from work this morning to find my flares waiting for me, pretty easy to guess what was in the box just from its size and shape. Noticed a medium sized hole punched in the side of the box, my fears confirmed upon opening. I found 2 good sized dents in one of the rear flares. Looks like some over zealous forklift driver backed into them. Called and spoke with Mia at AA and to their credit they are sending the FedEx guy tomorrow to pick up the bent flare along with the whole order. I'm assuming they will ship the replacements upon receipt of the damaged one. I'm a long way from body work so ultimately no big deal, but still a minor PITA. I must be truly smitten, I could have bought a really nice restored model for what I've spent so far, and a lot less tribulation than what I've experienced. But I've never taken the easy path, why start now?...daveyboy

Sorry to hear that! I had some issues with FedEx that delayed delivery. Just got mine today. Other than that, they arrrived ok.
woobn8r
QUOTE(daveyboybadion @ Sep 19 2007, 07:22 PM) *

There was a ding in one of my rear flares also...(not great packaging) but given the scope of the project I'm not going to sweat the small stuff...just pound'er back out. I'm happy to just have a set.
Chuck
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Sep 19 2007, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(daveyboybadion @ Sep 19 2007, 07:22 PM) *

There was a ding in one of my rear flares also...(not great packaging) but given the scope of the project I'm not going to sweat the small stuff...just pound'er back out. I'm happy to just have a set.

Sean,

Good to see that yours arrived as well. biggrin.gif Did you get my PM?
woobn8r
Hi Chuck,

Yep, and returned too....

S.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Aug 13 2007, 09:51 AM) *

Chuck,

George said he would include the "free tool bag" with shipping of the flares!

What a great deal! AA rocks!

Were you kidding about the free toolbag?
woobn8r
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Sep 21 2007, 10:06 PM) *

Chuck,

No, he actually said that...don't worry...I didn't get mine either. I'm sure he just forgot.
stephenaki
WOOHOO! piratenanner.gif Flares came in, at least thats what I think they are. Wifey picked them up and said there from Atlanta. Maybe i'll have her open the box for me tomorrow. Had hernia surgery on Monday so I am down for at least the next 14 days.

Will have her put them in the garage and then open them up; hopefully they made it across the sea without any damage, will let y'all know. Now if only the car would get here as quickly blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Sep 22 2007, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Sep 21 2007, 10:06 PM) *

Chuck,

No, he actually said that...don't worry...I didn't get mine either. I'm sure he just forgot.

please call me personally and I will send.
jonferns
Now if only the car would get here as quickly

whens the car getting there? -JON
euro911
I didn't count how many of you guys said you missed this one ... are there any more of you (5) that are ready to buy some? ... I'm game.

OK, thats TWO (10/17/07) ... anyone else" unsure.gif
Wilhelm
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 17 2007, 10:22 PM) *

I didn't count how many of you guys said you missed this one ... are there any more of you (5) that are ready to buy some? ... I'm game.

I'm in.
stephenaki
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 17 2007, 04:16 PM) *

whens the car getting there? -JON

Should be sometime in January, need to give Norfolk a call and confirm the date.
euro911
I PM'd George and asked if he was up for another one of these events ... and he replied:

"Always Mark. making a 914-6 gt clone is the RAGE these days! The current deal would be ten sets one check 650 per set plus shipping 49 states 50 dollars shipping and if they wanted to add some other parts reasonably light and regular sized the shipping would not increase. We will ship to each individually."

I just spoke with him on the phone too, and as you can see, the new deal is a departure from the earlier buy of only 6 sets to qualify, so this may be a little tougher to get lined up dry.gif

* Minimum order is now 10 sets, still the same price: $700. each ($650. + $50. shipping ea. CONUS)

* ONE check payable to AA

* Shipments would be individually sent out to each participant's address.

As of today (10/18/07) we would need 8 additional participants to make this work poke.gif

1. Me
2. Wilhelm

Post here or PM me if you're seriously interested unsure.gif
G e o r g e
Mark

start a new thread

I don't have your battery charger did you find it?

I'll see you sunday stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif chowtime.gif sawzall-smiley.gif poke.gif
Jeffs9146
I will be in soon but not for a couple of more months.

euro911
)))[/url]
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 18 2007, 04:44 PM) *
I will be in soon but not for a couple of more months.
It may take that long to come up with 10 buyers Jeff sad.gif I'll list you as a confused24.gif for now biggrin.gif

Good call George ... I started a Brand New Thread beerchug.gif
Chuck
I hope you get the required number!! There were about 3-4 people that contacted me after the flares had already shipped so hopefully they will contact you now. drunk.gif
Todd Enlund
Give me time to scrape together the funds, and I'm in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.