Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Flares: Another Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Chuck
In the next few weeks, I will be ordering some replacement parts for the rustoration of my new 73 from AA. I would like to go ahead and order my flares at the same time (I'll have most of the passenger rear quarter panel open anyway blink.gif ).

Unfortunately, I missed the group buy on the steel flares as I had not yet purchased my car. Are there any others that missed the last steel flare purchase and would like to order some now and save some $$$?
JRust
I may be interested in a group buy. Depends how much? Same as last time? Thanks- Jamie
bigkensteele
Count me in (with the usual legal disclaimers, ie. another set of ear-tubes for my 5 year old).
Justinp71
Update Please... biggrin.gif
Chuck
I saw a thread indicating that the group buy was a one time deal. So, I did not pursue it further and ended up finding a good deal on some glass flares and went that route. Perhaps someone else can pick up the torch on this one.
eric914
AA posted a list in the vendors area of items that were available at lower $ if you bought in bulk. The downside is some one would have to act as the middle man and repackage and reship as the $'s were for one bulk shipment if I remember correctly.
daveyboybadion
I'm interested but need the details including shipping to Seattle...daveyboy
woobn8r
I'd be good to go this time 'round if the deal was the same....
mrhurtalot
whats the price for this? ive got some grad money to blow.
si2t3m
count me in also.

Money burning my pocket BAD!!!

Chuck
I have decided to do steel flares after all. If you are all still interested, I would be willing to middleman this and contact George and arrange it. According to the info George posted in the Vendors section, six sets is enough to qualify for the group discount. That means me and 5 more should do it. PM me if still interested. Chuck.
Chuck
ttt . . . I've e-mailed and spoken to George at AA. The next two people to commit get a set of AA's reproduction steel flares sent directly to your doorstep from AA for ~$650 + shipping. This is the same deal as the last group buy but in a more limited number. So, for those of us that missed the last group buy, here is your chance.

SLKWrx
650 + Shipping.. wow. Let me check my piggy bank, what I wouldn't give for a set of these.
Doug Leggins
For $650 + shipping, count me in. Thanks
Chuck
Thanks Doug. That leaves just one more person. Those that are in, please PM me your zip codes and contact info. I will get the shipping quote from George and pass that along to each of you.
Chuck
There are five us committed to the flare purchase. We have room for one more person. The next person to commit gets to purchase a set of AAs steel reproduction flares for the price of $650 + shipping. This is a deal. piratenanner.gif
lotus_65
soooooo tempted.
woobn8r
C'mon....1 more please!
Chuck
Lotus 65,

c'mon . . . .one more please!!!! Heck, you're right down the street from me in Minneapolis, I bet we could combine shipping on our sets and save a touch more yet.
lotus_65
i really shouldn't have posted. when i'm ready for bodywork, i'll prefer more subtle bodywork as i'm not going 5-lug on this car.

COME ON, SOMEONE STEP UP!
Chuck
Thanks lotus. There has to be someone that needs and wants a set.
JPB
You sick demonic bastages!!! I'll take a freekin set for my all steel car dang nambitall! I hope your happy ya evil temptress of Hades! Lets do the group nasty.beer.gif
Chuck
Yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh. JPB makes 6!! beerchug.gif
JPB
So when do we need to give Georgy the funds by? Does this require some kind of synchronized monetary effort? Has everyone else payed yet? I'm confused. Waaaa blink.gif
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(Chuck @ Aug 10 2007, 06:25 PM) *

Chuck,
Got room for one more in the gb?
PM sent

Jeff
Chuck
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Aug 10 2007, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Chuck @ Aug 10 2007, 06:25 PM) *

Chuck,
Got room for one more in the gb?
PM sent

Jeff

PM sent back and by the way. . . welcome.png
Jeff Hail
Thanks,
Have been here in the shadows a long long time. My normal hangout is the 911 BBS on Pelican but for 914 stuff this is the place to be.

Jeff
Chuck
George has graciously offered to sell additional sets of his reproduction steel flares at $650 plus shipping. So, if anyone is interested in doing this, now is the time. Buy 'em now and install this winter! Let me know if you would like to get in on the deal. For questions, I can be reached at:

ChuckRoulet@comcast.net

Thanks all!!

Chuck
JPB
Glad you got your seventh victim. I'm backing out due to a good deal on a 2L engine and bumper purchase this weekend. So the trrrrrue glooooory goes to the next fella Jeff Hail! smilie_pokal.gif
stephenaki
I am in Stuttgart, Germany, will he ship to an APO address? APO AE 01928.
Chuck
Stephen,

I will ask George and get back to you.

Chuck

QUOTE(stephenaki @ Aug 12 2007, 07:52 AM) *

charliew
QUOTE(Chuck @ Aug 12 2007, 10:12 PM) *

Stephen,

Chuck

Chuck I am interested in a set of flares. Where can I see some pictures?
Charlie
Chuck
Stephen,

George said he will ship to an APO address. I sent you a private message with the details.

Chuck

Chuck
Charlie,

I sent you an e-mail. That being said, go to www.autoatlanta.com There are a few places with photos there. For example, scroll to the bottom of the main page. Click on restorations. Then click on "Extreme Makeover" and you can see a set being welded on.

Chuck

QUOTE(charliew @ Aug 12 2007, 10:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Chuck @ Aug 12 2007, 10:12 PM) *

Stephen,

Chuck

Chuck I am interested in a set of flares. Where can I see some pictures?
Charlie

woobn8r
Chuck,

George said he would include the "free tool bag" with shipping of the flares!

What a great deal! AA rocks!
Chuck
Yep. George has been great putting this together!!

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Aug 13 2007, 08:51 AM) *

Chuck,

George said he would include the "free tool bag" with shipping of the flares!

What a great deal! AA rocks!

Chuck
Just wanted to update everyone. George said the flares would be shipping this week.

Chuck
angerosa
QUOTE(Chuck @ Sep 10 2007, 10:15 PM) *

Just wanted to update everyone. George said the flares would be shipping this week.

Chuck

Bummer I missed it!

headbang.gif
Chuck
QUOTE(angerosa @ Sep 10 2007, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Chuck @ Sep 10 2007, 10:15 PM) *

Chuck

Bummer I missed it!

headbang.gif

PM George and ask if he'll still sell you a set.
Doug Leggins
Got my flares today biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks again Chuck for setting up the group buy beerchug.gif
Chuck
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Sep 13 2007, 04:27 PM) *

Got my flares today biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks again Chuck for setting up the group buy beerchug.gif

You're welcome! Glad to be able to help. beer.gif
bigkensteele
Mine came today too! They look great.

Thanks again Chuck and George!
Wilhelm
Missed this group buy, drat! chair.gif Someone Please let me know when this deal comes around again, unless some one has a set they want to part with. While I'm on my parts finding quest I may as well ask if any one has a set of coarse spline large flange 911 transaxle flanges they wish to depart with? Thanks, Wilhelm in beautiful and soon to be monsooning Hood River, Or.
woobn8r
THANKS CHUCK!

FedEx man came today... and my teener has some "flare" in her near future....

Thanks again for organizing.

Sean
Todd Enlund
Dammit. Wish I had been here for this...

I'm in if it happens again.
Chuck
Sean,

You're welcome. Now if the FedEx man would just come visit me so that I could see my set. biggrin.gif
Jeff Hail
I can see the wave of flares moving across the U.S now. I am in Calif so I anticipate a few more days.
Jeff Hail
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Sep 14 2007, 11:37 PM) *

I can see the wave of flares moving across the U.S now. I am in Calif so I anticipate a few more days.

I guess I spoke to soon. Flares showed tonight at 745pm via FedEx.
2 fronts are perfect. Right rear is about 2 inches longer than the left at the rocker.
A little trim and a haircut to perform. Actually this is a plus as I prefer more metal
for a better fit than too little. Wheelwell openings are perfect on the entire set.

Thank you Chuck for putting this together.

A candid pic of the quintuplets resting. Proud Poppa Mig Welder is excited.
Mom is looking forward to new skirts..
stephenaki
looks nice, don't expect to see mine for a while, big box, which means it will be coming slow boat to Germany. The post office is gonna hate me when they show up!
Chuck
Stephen,

George said yours were on the way; they needed some additional shipping instructions I guess. I am having some issues with the local FedEx and have not seen mine yet. They tell me Tuesday. Good to see everyone else has theirs. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.