Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hose Routing on Mark Donahue's 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
I stole this pic from the other thread:

IPB Image

Since it's likely that with only 6000 miles that the engine compartment is as Porsche delivered it, the hose routing is of interest.

Note that the car has the branch "tee" fitting on the manifold. The large hose from the "tee" goes right to the PCV valve, the small hose goes to the decel valve, which is out of view. Even though you can't see the decel valve, judging from the hose coming from the air box, and the red hose coming from the left side of the pic (looks like it's the hose from the manifold), it suggests that the decel valve is hooked up as I have recently advocated - with the "side" connection going to the air box, and the "end" connection going to the manifold.

Sure would be nice to see some other pics of the engine compartment.
Bleyseng
That stacked rubber elbow is on 73-74 cars only as the later plenums had differ ports.
pbanders
Now that I look at the photo more, I see some stuff that's botched. Look at the hose that goes to the air box for the AAR - you can see that they took the rubber elbow that goes on top of the PCV valve and stuck it there, and jammed the hose onto the top of the PCV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.