Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the best selling color 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mills914/s
WOW I see SILVER is still in the lead.
I think silver is great a good neutral color alot of people like
Ferg
I gotta chime in and say IMO the best color for resale is the color it was born with, no exceptions... I personally really really don't like color change cars.

Ferg beerchug.gif
jonferns
agree.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 23 2007, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 23 2007, 02:30 AM) *

They really do look good in almost any color...

Click to view attachment

except maybe Earl Shibe blue. huh.gif

Click to view attachment

Where did the top picture come from?
Is it available in a poster, or in a very high quality EPS file?

Rich

I din't know where I got it, I can't pass a pic of a 914 up...It's a sickness.

Maybe someone here will remember who took it.
Crazyhippy
It's from the 06 German Autofest in Ventura. Sunday I believe (Dan C.'s red beast in the background)

It's like smurf pepto bismol... Deffinently different

And I like 914's in Skittles colors, red, orange, green, yellow, and auber-purple. Black and white dont do it for me, and silver doesn't "POP" enough for my tastes

BJH
Coy
You know... When I'm just cruisen around in my silver Porsche I just love it. It's not until I'm around a bunch of other 914s (like at WCC06) that I think I need color in my life. Either way I think they're all pretty cool.
Allan
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Apr 25 2007, 12:14 AM) *

It's from the 06 German Autofest in Ventura. Sunday I believe (Dan C.'s red beast in the background)

It's like smurf pepto bismol... Deffinently different

And I like 914's in Skittles colors, red, orange, green, yellow, and auber-purple. Black and white dont do it for me, and silver doesn't "POP" enough for my tastes

BJH

Yep, here is the 2007 schedule.

Anybody got a turbo 914?

German Auto Festival

The Ventura Show
September 8 & 9, 2007

Just as the swallows return each year to Capistrano, hundreds of Porsche automobiles will again find their way to Seaside Park in beautiful Ventura, California this September. All Porsche automobiles, all years and all models, are invited to bring their owners and family to the beach and enjoy a weekend of Porsche overload.

The featured Porsche model at this 7th Annual Ventura Show will be all Turbocharged Porsches. All attending Porsches that have one or more Turbochargers will be invited to display-park on Main Street and be part of our "Turbos on Main Street" display.

Start making plans now for this very special gathering.
gary gartner

the earl scheib blue looks like at GAF---
IIRC the circle pict was from the 04 WCC at Laguna---
JPB
Clear coated tin with no paint if the tin is in excellent shape. They could paint it any color they want from there and see what they are buying. beer.gif
wbergtho
L80E Light Ivory is a personal favorite....but I like that baby blue as well...I cannot remember the exact name for it...you guys know what I mean.
mikerose
[
IIRC the circle pict was from the 04 WCC at Laguna---
[/quote]

Not even close
mikerose
MUSR 2001
mikerose
MUSR 2001
IronHillRestorations
I'm liking that Marathon blue flared car with the Boxster wheels and the light gray interior myself! rocking nana.gif
v82go
[size=5][size=7]

Plain old vanilla
RoninEclipse2G
What, no creamsicle or bumblebee?

oh wait, those colors are only worth something if it's original. biggrin.gif
MrKona
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 19 2007, 11:14 PM) *

The idea is that I will build a car, ground up, stripped, welded, undercoated, new suspension, new brakes...new motor...
All completely restored and then sell it.

But, Its delphi Green, and while some people like that color, I would like to paint the car with the most popular color out there, and make sure it sells for the most money...duh..

These cars are great, but they are not yet collectable enough to worry about maintaining the original color...the next guy can do that in 20 years when its worth something...

Rich

Wow, I respect you for wanting to do this, but just curious... are you planning on breaking even on this one, or willing to take a $$$ loss for the enjoyment and satisfaction of the restoration process?
degreeoff
I know its not for everyone....but it is what mine will be!!! got it and preping to put it on as we speak! The color is POR 137

Click to view attachment

djm914-6
I voted for red. My was was repainted red as was many others it seems. IMHO, if you're going to restore the car to original, keep the original color. If the car will be a hot rod or modified in any visible way, do what you want.

That's my $0.02

PS: can I watch?
RON S.
QUOTE(DipShit @ Apr 20 2007, 09:21 AM) *

Definately Signal Orange! Why couldn't we vote for orange sad.gif

QUOTE(cantley914 @ Apr 22 2007, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Midtowner @ Apr 19 2007, 10:33 PM) *

Na-na-na-noooo. How about Signal Orange? smile.gif

Click to view attachment

SIGNAL ORANGE

All the way !!!

I can't vote cause there's no SIGNAL ORANGE sad.gif sad.gif

It's a damn conspiracy I tell you mad.gif mad.gif

Ron
jonferns
sunflower yellow - L13K -
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
---JON
orange914
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jun 13 2007, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(DipShit @ Apr 20 2007, 09:21 AM) *

Definately Signal Orange! Why couldn't we vote for orange sad.gif

QUOTE(cantley914 @ Apr 22 2007, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Midtowner @ Apr 19 2007, 10:33 PM) *

Na-na-na-noooo. How about Signal Orange? smile.gif

Click to view attachment

SIGNAL ORANGE

All the way !!!

I can't vote cause there's no SIGNAL ORANGE sad.gif sad.gif

It's a damn conspiracy I tell you mad.gif mad.gif

Ron

signal orange! signal914.jpg
why is it owners vote for there own colors?! av-943.gif
Click to view attachment
orange914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jun 13 2007, 08:18 PM) *

sunflower yellow - L13K -
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
---JON

jon
very nice body and paint, real nice detail when it matches liscense color drooley.gif
hows the sway bar install coming?
mike
jonferns
No sway bar install here, maybe your thinking of the fuel lines?
ScooterD
For an original color with original paint in good shape, I like Phoenix Red. But I am prejudice. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

dflesburg
brown primer
tat2dphreak
imo, black, silver and white are the most appealing for non- enthusiasts... and since the question was:
What color would sell for the most money?

I would say one of those 3
jt914-6
Click to view attachment
tod914
Original color if your looking to get the most $$$ for the car. Love that color btw. I like copper metalic and anacona blue about the same, then viper green. Bahia red, metalic silver, and signal orange will definetly sell if your doing a change. But I think that would bring you an average value being it's changed.
iamchappy
Signal mad.gif poll do over.....
johnnie5
My car is L80E, it is my 3rd 914. My first was actually a re-paint, '75 Guards Red. At the time, I really liked it. Looking back, I would not choose a red car again. My second was a black '73 - I loved that car, then, and still (long gone from me). I never thought I would love my Light Ivory with Black/Houndstooth as much as I have grown to - I REALLY love my car!

white914.jpg wub.gif

Now, that being said... If I were building a car from the ground up, the color I would choose is - SIGNAL ORANGE!!! With flares, of course. There is no choice for this color in the voting poll.... cough..... fixed..... cough! I have really become fond of this color on our cars, and on the 911's too!

Also noteworthy, Gun Metal or Charcoal Grey... IMO. I saw Sechser's car at Glen & Rons swap and just loved the color scheme of Gun Metal and Black... his flares are pretty tight too. Wait, that just didn't sound right....

Although, my car would look pretty tuff with flares as well... idea.gif
charliew
Just my old guy idea. Put the proper paint code tag on it also. I also guess you will make a new vin safety compliance sticker for the door jamb so the proper color will show through the little holes. My car will get a repaint and I could put any color I want on it like your idea but. It has a color number tag on it. It is malaga red. I think it should be called maroon. It's not my favorite color but it is the number on the tag. My car is nowhere near a stocker so the color maybe doesn't matter but the tag says malaga red. I would rather change the tag than change the color and not change the tag. I'm a little worried about matching the inside trunks to a outside repaint. I wanted one of the white colors like the lexus or escalade colors. but a complete repaint is a serious chore if you want a real repaint. Now if I could make a new tag that looks factory with the new color id on it maybe that would be ok but would it say caddy diamond white? and would anyone think that is kosher? I recolored a 69 mach 1 in 72 from jade green to a funky moondust iridescent some other ford maybe a lincoln color. Doors off paint under the windshield lip everything job. What a pain in the a job. The 914 malaga trunks look almost new also under the tank looks really good so a recolor is a big deal for me to strip all that nice paint. I guess if it is a complete strip job it's a easier choice. But I would still like to see a nice color tag that matches the new paint. And a exact vin compliance sticker on the door jamb.

If you expect it to be worth what you want it to be worth I think that would be a minimum.

Maybe once I get into some rust repair the color change won't be such a big deal. I really don't like the plane jane older vw utility type porsche colors except for the guards red anyway. I guess they were mostly race car colors that would be easy to touch up.

You probably know this but lighter non metallic colors will not show panels waves and be easier to touch up.

I like the oranges.
bandjoey
Tangerine..It's the only way to go. Re do the Poll! Merry Christmas. Bill
wreath.gif
rfuerst911sc
I'm fond of my L11D Berber Yellow. biggrin.gif
agentblr
I have to jump on the signal orange bandwagon ! It was probably the most popular 914 color for the early cars. I would take a wild gander that Porsche sold more signal 914s than any other color stirthepot.gif
tat2dphreak
I love signal orange, great color, and perfect on a 914... but I think if you want your 914 to sell, it has to be a little more non-enthusiast friendly... not everyone likes orange...
jt914-6
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 23 2007, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 23 2007, 02:30 AM) *

They really do look good in almost any color...

Click to view attachment

except maybe Earl Shibe blue. huh.gif

Click to view attachment

Where did the top picture come from?
Is it available in a poster, or in a very high quality EPS file?

Rich

MUSR 3........ http://914.pca.org/SIGsiteEventsMUSR3.html
iamchappy
jt914-6
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 12 2009, 05:54 PM) *

Chappy......that would be a vote for signal orange?????
matthepcat
I think any factory color from the year it was made would sell well. Original would be best.

Look here: http://www.p914.com/p914_paint_70.htm
corsepervita
I think black and red are the most tempting to people since the color in it's own is stealthy and sleek.

I am a sucker for the classics though. Despite myself telling me that I would never ever own an "Ugly ass forest green car" in my life.... I saw one, and it hit me and i had to have it. The color grew on me, I absolutely love it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.