Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Bleeder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Colorado_Doug
Hi, I've just bought a Motive Products pressure bleeder. I want to get my brakes bled so I can get back on the road. I was wondering what pressure range should I use? It has a 0-30 PSI gauge on it.

Thanks,
Doug
jasons
I *think* you pump it up around 15. But, thats from memory of the last time I used mine, about 2 years ago.
skline
Yes, I have one too, they are great for most cars. 8 to 12 pounds is all you need, any more than that you wind up blowing past the seals at the M/C
JPB
I needs me oneadem! BAAAAMMMM!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
GeorgeRud
Add a set of speedbleeders with the one way valves and you have the easiest way to bleed the brakes by yourself! Just be sure to watch the level of fluid in the master cylinder, you can go through brake fluid very quickly!

I made my own pressure bleeder by drilling a hole in the top of a spare master cylinder cap and installing a tire valve stem. I use a clip on air chuck and clamp off the overflow hose off the master cylinder, and 15 psi will work fine.
SGB
I got the power bleeder with speedbleders too, but I have to get it up to about 20 psi to get flow.
jdogg
10 PSI has always worked for me....
DBCooper
Put some pressure in and see how much you need. 10 lbs has always been enough for me, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.