Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: They Hauled off the 6er Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Well... they hauled of the sixer today (in Avatar). Enclosed trailer came by and took it off to the Upholstery shop. From there it goes to the body shop to be stripped and totally refinished.

All the seals came in from Rich at HPH (thanks Rich) last week.

Fender is on the way from Sam (thanks Sam) today.

I took it for one last "spirited" ride around the block before driving it up into the trailer. It's "bone-ass" stock and it's going to stay that way (I have the 74 GT project to "play" with) but I tell ya... there's nothing like the sound of a short stroke six screaming away at 6k 12" from the back of your head. The guy at the back of the trailer nearly fainted as I approached at around 40mph. He thought I was going to launch it in the back. But... the stock binders dropped it dead in it's tracks about 6" away from the door... what a f'n blast!

Can't wait until it's done so I can drive out to one of those damn get-ta-gethers and see all your ugly mugs in person!

You know I'll keep you posted on the rebuild.

E.
redshift
Make sure you do, I love your car!

M
Joe Bob
Mine is not far from that position as well. No flares but it will be a screaming yellow zonker when done......I can't wait until Friday when I can pick it up.
Gint
Cool Eric. One of these days mine will roll off to the body shop for major surgery.

I'm glad I saw this post. made me remember that I forgot to send out the ball joint tool Monday. Now it will be Friday before I can get it out. But I will get home tomorrow and make sure I get it packed up.
Eric_Shea
Thanks Mike,

I'm in need in deed.

Thanks Redshift... I'm trying to think about how to show the progress w/o a web site.

Need ta get one of those thangs...

E.
Joe Bob
Stoopid Porsche AG did not ship the parts for the throttle linkage....it will be Saturday if at all......next Friday if the parts don't make it.
Eric_Shea
Hey Z,

Good luck with your new toy... we're all anxious to see it in your hands.
Gint
Thanks Mike,

I'm in need in deed.

I rolled into the P.O at 4:55 today. It's on it's way.
Eric_Shea
Many Thanks! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.