Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to go back to FI - What do I need?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hi everyone...I'm a newbie but been around a while soaking up knowledge. Thanks to all who spend so much time keeping the 914s of the world alive and kicking.

Anyway, my 2.0 has a set of Weber carbs that I believe are set up right but my neighbors have little kids and they are gettin sick of hearing the pop...sputter...pop in the mornings. yellowsleep[1].gif When its warm the car runs and idles great but I'm entertaining going back to stock (or better) FI. The car has been carbed for 20+ years now so everything FI is long gone.

Can you guys start a list for me of what I'll need and what I should pay to convert back over. (or maybe someone has a complete set-up they'd like to sell).

BTW ...I have a Mallory Unilite - will that effect things?

Thanks!
Jeremy
SirAndy
QUOTE(1.8914 @ Apr 26 2007, 11:25 PM) *

Can you guys start a list for me

pretty sure i'm missing a few things, but here it goes:

D-Jet

- FI brain
- mounting bracket for the brain
- FI engine harness
- FI intake manifolds
- FI throttle body
- TPS
- Fuel Rails
- Injectors
- CHT sensor
- MPS
- Fuel pressure regulator
- FI fuel pump
- high pressure fuel hose
- correct air filter housing & filter
- correct dizzy with FI trigger points
- various vacuum hoses and needed connetors/Ts/splitters etc.
- decel valve
- AAR
- working relay board with relays and all jumpers removed (that may have been added to run the carb motor)
- stock fuel pump wiring (needs to come of the relay board as the pump is controlled by the FI brain)
- multiple spade connector ground on top of engine case

that'll get you started ...
bye1.gif Andy
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 27 2007, 12:54 AM) *

that'll get you started ...
bye1.gif Andy

Friggin' know-it-all night owl! biggrin.gif

pete
shaggy
stock, rat9550 or web73 cam if then changed out your cam when they converted to carbs...

hope they didnt. cuz that means a bottom end rebuild if they did.

-jim
So.Cal.914

"neighbors have little kids and they are gettin sick of hearing the pop...sputter...pop in the mornings. "

My list will be shorter than Andys, what do you need? New neighbors...

If it runs well with the carbs don't mess with it, unless you drive it around the yard

they only hear it for awhile.
ConeDodger
Just get the carbs rebuilt and tuned. Art Thraen at ACE in Salt Lake can have them back to you in a week. While I agree that if someone has changed the cam, you will have a really hard time tuning it with the EFI I suspect that it will not be a RAT 9550 as the RAT was probably only 15 years old 20 years ago when your mods were done. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
I have a complete 2.0L Djet FI setup that I have reconditioned/checked. (all of Andy's list)

PM me if interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.